Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 600 asking for heat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Baxi 600
central heating is set at minimum
the radiator symbol on the boiler is flashing. (asking for heat .fan is still running )
this is like this all day
is this correct before I call out engineer

there are no other controls ie time lock or room stat on system

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 11
There will be a room stat any chance of a picture of the whole boiler and pipework?

There are no other controls fitted
boiler is wired to a fused spur

Well that’s no good and not upto regs it needs a thermostat or some control

Yes it will constantly run

Yes I had an ancient boiler set up like that when we moved into our house, zero controls not even a timer nor a room stat.
We basically just switched it on at the wall when we wanted heat and off when not - not compliant to current regs of course . But you can heat your house/water like this. Ours has now been replaced following extension etc, but we used it like that for 3 or 4 years.

Reply to Baxi 600 asking for heat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my house, in place of the garage, most would give me a suggestion to put in a) an extension to the existing boiler rad circuit & electric water heaters...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated heat source and a oil boiler. The problem the hit water cylinder doesn't have a stat thus why the hot water is roasting hot but there is a pipe stat on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My first visit here in quite a while and it's in part to share the news that I have finally gone over to the dark side! Although my 30 year old Baxi back boiler was still going strong, I've finally succumbed to pressure from Mrs RWD and had a Combi installed. The Heating Engineer that...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock