Discuss Apprentice tried to electrocute me today.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Was working on a ring mains circuit. Tripped the RCD with static when wiring in a socket. The apprentice went downstairs and switched on both the RCD and the MCB... I then grabbed the cables and would have got a proper belt of a shock had I not been wearing gloves at the time. Luckily the gloves meant I just got a small zap and a nice bit of arcing across the cables before they tripped again.

He was right behind me when it happened and sometimes it's what you don't say that has the greatest effect!!

That's because of all the recent praise you've been giving him lol.

I was blowing down a pump and the supply had been isolated??? Belt through the eyeball! Apprentice was shouted at and kicked.

Ouch, an electric shock through your eyeball?? That has got to hurt a bit!

Eye was a slow motion arc then a tingle then I realised oh that's juice ouch

Worst I had was changing ball valve on a Cwsc and when I put grips and adjustable on had the most painful shock I've ever had made my teeth chatter and everything and to this day I still don't know how I managed to drop the grips. When I told the customer she said oh yeh sorry the last plumber got a shock up here just from kneeling on some wet. I swear I nearly through her out of the hatch. The who,e loft was pretty much live and I still don't know how

Worst I had was changing ball valve on a Cwsc and when I put grips and adjustable on had the most painful shock I've ever had made my teeth chatter and everything and to this day I still don't know how I managed to drop the grips. When I told the customer she said oh yeh sorry the last plumber got a shock up here just from kneeling on some wet. I swear I nearly through her out of the hatch. The who,e loft was pretty much live and I still don't know how

Dodge lighting or shower feed onto old metal conduit .

Years ago ,e and a mate were sent to change a pump. When we got there a spark was working in the house and had the power off. Mate changed the pump and was about to wire it back up and had to strip a bit wire back. Being a plumber he naturally used his teeth................just about the exact moment the sparky switched the power back on. Nearly melted his teeth :lol: I had to pull my mate off him as i thought he was going to kick him to death. I think the spark came off worst :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Apprentice tried to electrocute me today.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
My faithful old Makita core drill died on me last week after 12 years of faithful service. I looked around and decided to go for Milwaukee. It...
Replies
Views
My fiance's grandpa had a local guy to service his Vaillant EcoMax 824/2E a couple of weeks ago. About a week later he was having to top the...
Replies
Views
M
serviced an andrews ec380/980 a week ago, been having an intermittent flame failure fault lately. hot surface ignitor had a resistance of 2500...
Replies
Views
V
M
I'll start with one about 4 months ago. Pain in the neck job, relocate boiler from kitchen to airing cupboard above new cylinder. I drained and...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock