Discuss Angle grinder advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever noticed that mostly the first one come's off not too bad but the second wing nut is an absolute nightmare!

Or it is even worse when the wc is very close to the wall and you cannot get in about properly! Worship The 2-part syphon!!!!

WD40 tried it, about 30 years of rust! surprised they just haven't coroded away.

Tried everything, won't budge!

Cant get access to hacksaw as too tight.
unscrew both cistern & pan. lift both out together, turn them both upsidedown and you'll have all the room you need to cut bolts with your hacksaw.

never had to use an angle grinder on cistern bolts, always managed with hacksaw either junior or my home made racing cut down junior or just a blade from a large hacksaw

Or do what the boy from my last job did, just raise the water level and tell the tenant that it is fixed then muggin's here is back to fix it properly two day's later!

Its amazing how years of old peoples pee splashes corrode those bolts. I bet the floor boards both sides of the pan are also rotted. :goofy:

I think i have changed around 8 or 9 c/c syphon's in the past fortnight in roughly the same area and all have been the same model cistern and about 5-6 year old! Must have been a contract on at the time, amazing how they all go at the same time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Angle grinder advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi guys, advice please....I have a lidl special multi tool/cutter but fancy getting a cordless Fein 18v as I hate cords, firstly are the cordless...
Replies
Views
RAW85
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock