Search the forum,

Discuss Angle grinder advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
im with you on this one god knows how some of these plumber would have managed 25 years ago when there were few power tools around
if you have a tool for every job your going to come across in this game youll need an artic not a van
by the time youve gone to the van got the angle grinder and run a lead in it would be done

You don't need to use the tools for the job. All you need is the excuse to buy them so that you can sit in the garage and fondle them.

Angel Grinder on a dunny? ye gods. Hacksaw will do the job, will give you cramp but it will do it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You normally are removing the rusty wing nut because you are replacing the Syphon if this is the case then I always do it from above inside the cistern.12" hacksaw blade cut Syphon tube in cistern lift off cistern,rusty old bolts in front of you I normally grind the bolt in half with my cordless AG,but junior is just as easy.job done no risk of breaking pan or cistern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Angle grinder advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock