Search the forum,

Discuss Alternative to obsolete panel seals? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R1CKY

I have a job involving an ancient Baxi WM532 RS, the seal on the front panel is pretty much non existent. Checked heat arena and the seal is obsolete.

Is there a suitable and more important, approved method of sealing the panel? Customer is aware they are on borrowed time with this boiler, but would like to get it running again for a short while.

if its a rope seal various sizes available from suppliers such as hwos and regin supply various generic adhesive seals

I have a job involving an ancient Baxi WM532 RS, the seal on the front panel is pretty much non existent. Checked heat arena and the seal is obsolete.

Is there a suitable and more important, approved method of sealing the panel? Customer is aware they are on borrowed time with this boiler, but would like to get it running again for a short while.
no there is no alternative sadly boilers a right off

Bugger! Only went there to change the thermocouple! Had my knees on the worktop trying to pry the panel off as the last person to work on it had used some very strong red sealant on the panel!

Thanks for the quick replies.

what is the seal made of, rope, fibre ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Gasman! I can't wait to tell a new customer that a failed thermocouple has turned into a boiler replacement!

Thank you Gasman! I can't wait to tell a new customer that a failed thermocouple has turned into a boiler replacement!

If you tell them nicely you will earn well from a nice boiler swap if they take it well. If they don't take it well, someone else will get the job lol. Or more than likely someone will come along and bodge the boiler back together with a rope seal and make you look like the bad guy.

They will think your taking the pee and phone someone else. :greedy:

I'll get it in writing from Baxi! To be fair, I think he knew something was amiss when he saw 14 and a half stone of plumber hanging off the boiler trying to prise the cover open!

Infect, I'm going to email Baxi now to get confirmation of what Gasman said in writing!

i'll get it in writing from baxi! To be fair, i think he knew something was amiss when he saw 14 and a half stone of plumber hanging off the boiler trying to prise the cover open!

Infect, i'm going to email baxi now to get confirmation of what gasman said in writing!
will always win back up from the manufacturer

I'll get it in writing from Baxi! To be fair, I think he knew something was amiss when he saw 14 and a half stone of plumber hanging off the boiler trying to prise the cover open!

Infect, I'm going to email Baxi now to get confirmation of what Gasman said in writing!

That's a good idea, I will remember that one.
Just so they don't think you're trying to rip them off.

Dont worry their mate will be back with the silicone gun to sort it right out as someone pulled it all off.

Last edited by a moderator:
come on tell the truth for once 14 and a half?
In my defence I am 6'3"! I was 16 stone at one point!!

Plumber0808, that is what I'm worried about! Chances are I won't be able to fit them in for a few weeks anyway, so will probably go elsewhere!

Oh the joys of being self employed!

In my defence I am 6'3"! I was 16 stone at one point!!

Plumber0808, that is what I'm worried about! Chances are I won't be able to fit them in for a few weeks anyway, so will probably go elsewhere!

Oh the joys of being self employed!

i know, they will no doubt know its the thermocouple that is the problem.
phone someone else and hope they just repair it.
With a bit of luck they will realise you have taken the professional approach and get you back to change the boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alternative to obsolete panel seals? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock