Discuss Alternative to obsolete panel seals? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R1CKY

I have a job involving an ancient Baxi WM532 RS, the seal on the front panel is pretty much non existent. Checked heat arena and the seal is obsolete.

Is there a suitable and more important, approved method of sealing the panel? Customer is aware they are on borrowed time with this boiler, but would like to get it running again for a short while.

if its a rope seal various sizes available from suppliers such as hwos and regin supply various generic adhesive seals

I have a job involving an ancient Baxi WM532 RS, the seal on the front panel is pretty much non existent. Checked heat arena and the seal is obsolete.

Is there a suitable and more important, approved method of sealing the panel? Customer is aware they are on borrowed time with this boiler, but would like to get it running again for a short while.
no there is no alternative sadly boilers a right off

Bugger! Only went there to change the thermocouple! Had my knees on the worktop trying to pry the panel off as the last person to work on it had used some very strong red sealant on the panel!

Thanks for the quick replies.

what is the seal made of, rope, fibre ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Gasman! I can't wait to tell a new customer that a failed thermocouple has turned into a boiler replacement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alternative to obsolete panel seals? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock