Search the forum,

Discuss 66.7 geberit crimped fitting help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I have crimped a 66.7 geberit copper elbow and the fitting must of moved slightly before I pressed to crimp it is about 10mm off the insert gauge, I am fully aware that this will void the guarantee on this fitting but how likely is it to leak???

You will be fine wouldn't want to go more than 10mm tho

Thanks for quick reply will be putting an air test on soon if it passes that what's the likely hood it would fail under water?

Thanks for quick reply will be putting an air test on soon if it passes that what's the likely hood it would fail under water?​

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 66.7 geberit crimped fitting help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

just put a new pop up waste into my basin to find the trap does not fit correctly.. the trap fits just inside the waste thread opening and butts up against the plastic shoulder ensuring the rubber seal is pressed against the end Face of the waste. im able to screw the nut up but even when its...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat up but they are all connected via what I assume is Hep2O nothing is labled on the pipes that route behind the rad just on the flap behind the rad...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and managed to get the water turned off pretty quickly so it is not a massive catastrophe. Both times, a fitting popped off a pipe about 15 minutes after...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems to be slightly smaller than 22 mm compression fitting and when I tighten the compression nut the whole fitting is easily sliding off the pipe and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock