Search the forum,

Discuss Copper pipe 15mm burred shower mixer fitting in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Stoptheleak

Hi, hope all is well!

I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However…

I’m tiling the wall and before I do I wanted to ask if you guys thinks it’s safe to move ahead and fix a new shower mixer onto that pipe? Or should the pipe be replaced? It’s only sticking out a little so I can’t cut it to get a better part of the pipe to fit onto. Can a new piece of pipe be added without retracing it back into the wall and creating more work?

Any advice would be a great help!

If it was on a job of mine I would cut it out and replace with fresh pipe- a few minutes work and very little cost.
A leak inside a wall, very disruptive, damaging and expensive to fix later.

This is a no brainer - do it properly.

Reply to Copper pipe 15mm burred shower mixer fitting in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock