Search the forum,

Discuss Compression fitting loose on the pipe in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Alex_nv

Hi,

I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi.
The problem is that the old pipe seems to be slightly smaller than 22 mm compression fitting and when I tighten the compression nut the whole fitting is easily sliding off the pipe and does not hold water.

I tried to put the PTFE tape at the end of the pipe in order to make it bigger/thicker. It worked to some extend but there is still a very small leak.

I am not sure what would be the best next step.
  • Just try to tighten the compression nut even more. It is already very tight and I heard that overdoing the nut can damage the pipe.
  • Or take it all apart and try to put more PTFE tape in order to make the pipe thicker.

What would a professional plumber do?
Anybody come across this situation and have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to Compression fitting loose on the pipe in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some advice. I am trying to replace the manual radiator valves on a towelrail with a TRV: I ordered a Myson 2TRV15SN, and the tail seems to be identical with the current setup, however I am not sure who to attach the copper pipe at the bottom. This doesn't seem like a standard...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
I have a towel radiator that has a tiny leak on the lock shield side at a right angled compression fitting. There is a drip every 10 seconds from the back of the compression nut. The fitting is so small that I can't get the compression nut back to wind ptfe round the olive. I've tried ptfe round...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Good morning I installed a Harvey’s water softener recently. Have a semi detached property with 3 showers and a 2 toilets with a mega flow cylinder 25mm mains pipe work with 22mm onwards. I put the softener before the prv which was pre installed with the unvented cylinder as the rep said...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by the previous owner, they decided to run pipes all along the edge of the garage floor... I do however have one that goes vertically out of the concrete...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock