Discuss Makita Vs DeWalt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
bought 2 new miketa sds for a bargin 90 quid each 3 weeks ago as a stop gap because our 4 year old Hitachi sds decided the chuck would fail,ones gone back under warranty weird slow running fault,i mean no oomph at all

Ii just tend to buy whatever is the cheapest of the 2 makes with similar performance

Hmm! Festool's are good. But you need to be a millionaire to buy them.

If we're talking SDS then Bosch wins hand down over Makita or Dewalt, after all they invented SDS back in 1975.
Generally though I prefer Makita but do have a Dewalt circular saw and I'm very happy with it.
I'm powertool mad and buy at least one a month.

Ask the people that use power tools more or less all day every day, like kitchen fitters & they will generally probably not be overwhelmed with either makes. Hire firms can give good insight to what each type of tool of each brand does after getting a rough hire life. Each manufacturer will make certain tools better than other tools.
Guess it all depends on how much YOU use or abuse each power tool. I notice Panasonic cordless drills are used by a lot of pros & also Milwaukee, but both are serious money.

Been buying makita. Picked up a dewalt ads the other day and it just felt cheap. I want to try Milwaukee next

The problem with most manufacturers is they now have two ranges, one for the sheds and one for the pros so you think you are picking up a decent drill but it's actually one downgraded for DIY use.

Love my Makita 18v Li-on. Only takes 22 mins to charge. Even got a little light on it.
i have tried the DeWalt but I feel that the start-up on it is a bit too fast for putting screws in gently especially the flat bit round heads needed for guttering brackets.

I use Milwaukee 18v and its awesome. My mate has a makita but still needs his sds for clip holes in masonry whereas my cordless zips em in no problem

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have dewalt 18v gear mainly but do have a bosch 18v drill,they are both good tools but you have to run the battery right down before re-charging them to get the most out of the battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Makita Vs DeWalt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back