Search the forum,

Discuss Makita Vs DeWalt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dannyparty92

Who would you use?

All of my kit is Dewalt and I find it totally reliable, except for the battery life of 18v batteries, plus being bright yellow, they're easy to see in a cluttered bathroom install!

Got a mixture but steadily replacing the Mikita to dewalts cos I know a man

imho both are up there for performance and build quality but Makita does seem to say, I dunno, less "look at how much I can afford to spend on tools" and more " lets just get the job done properly" .

I'm on the Makita side here, 18V Li-on never had a problem with them, which ever you go for, for battery life its the Ah rating that is important, Makita do 3.0Ah batteries but I believe Dewalt have brought out a 4.0Ah range.

Neither nowadays. De walt aren't as robust as they used to be and I got put off Makita when the gearboxes went on two in quick succession.

My 36v is a Bosch and my 18v is Hitachi. Milwaukee are excellent as well.

Dewalt for me all my tools are them only had one Makita drill hammer action stopped working on it

dewalt over makita normally for me just, but makita do make some good 110v tools that others dont. milwaukee are very solid and worth the price also.

I like my dewalt xrp, but it's a few years old now so can't comment on the new stuff and I like my makita core drill.

I love my Mikita core drill especially since I got a bigger transformer to stop the little one tripping

I've not done a count but I expected that there'd be one shout for DeWalt and the remainder for Makita. How wrong I was.

I'm a DeWalt happy customer and would buy another but both companies provide great tools.

4b56125b23a9a1dff9633fc626927a8e.image.200x200.jpg

my angle drill (this) and my core drill is why i like makita 110v drills.

bought 2 new miketa sds for a bargin 90 quid each 3 weeks ago as a stop gap because our 4 year old Hitachi sds decided the chuck would fail,ones gone back under warranty weird slow running fault,i mean no oomph at all

Ii just tend to buy whatever is the cheapest of the 2 makes with similar performance

Hmm! Festool's are good. But you need to be a millionaire to buy them.

If we're talking SDS then Bosch wins hand down over Makita or Dewalt, after all they invented SDS back in 1975.
Generally though I prefer Makita but do have a Dewalt circular saw and I'm very happy with it.
I'm powertool mad and buy at least one a month.

Ask the people that use power tools more or less all day every day, like kitchen fitters & they will generally probably not be overwhelmed with either makes. Hire firms can give good insight to what each type of tool of each brand does after getting a rough hire life. Each manufacturer will make certain tools better than other tools.
Guess it all depends on how much YOU use or abuse each power tool. I notice Panasonic cordless drills are used by a lot of pros & also Milwaukee, but both are serious money.

Been buying makita. Picked up a dewalt ads the other day and it just felt cheap. I want to try Milwaukee next

The problem with most manufacturers is they now have two ranges, one for the sheds and one for the pros so you think you are picking up a decent drill but it's actually one downgraded for DIY use.

Love my Makita 18v Li-on. Only takes 22 mins to charge. Even got a little light on it.
i have tried the DeWalt but I feel that the start-up on it is a bit too fast for putting screws in gently especially the flat bit round heads needed for guttering brackets.

I use Milwaukee 18v and its awesome. My mate has a makita but still needs his sds for clip holes in masonry whereas my cordless zips em in no problem

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have dewalt 18v gear mainly but do have a bosch 18v drill,they are both good tools but you have to run the battery right down before re-charging them to get the most out of the battery life

I've yet to 'bust' or burn out any powertool apart from that god awfull Bosch green jigsaw that failed me when I most needed it and I lost my temper and shattered it on the ground by its cord. Only 2 weeks old and I missed out of a replacement cos I smashed it in. :6:

milwalkee all the way ,, upgraded all my kit to 28v ..and 12v for the smaller tools

Last edited:
Like everything else it depends how you use or abuse them.
Believe it or not this was one of the best drivers ever made and it has still imo never been bettered which is why 20 years later it is still on sale unchanged. Best balanced driver you can buy.
Makita 6095DWDE 9.6v Drill Driver 6095DWDE ÂŁ109.95
It is not a drill, it is a driver. Use it for what it is the same as any other tool.

Try Hilti and you will never use anything else for your serious stuff. Your money will be well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Makita Vs DeWalt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock