Search the forum,

Discuss 13mm chuck angle drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sav

Hi guys

After a angle drill with a 13mm chuck. What drills out there have one can only find 10mm chucks!

Cheers

we had the cheaper one a few years ago used it for four years of heavy work before it expired the bigger one is a real beast but very heavey to use all day
the main thing we found was having good auger bits once they bite they pull their selves through dont last long though we found a lot of the time we needed short ones which we could only find as sets
spade bits last longer and are cheaper but need a lot of pushing

I have the 18v Makita angle drill but find a lot of the time the impact driver and stubby auger bits work just as well. Its very sort bodied and can get in between joists.

i have the bigger one and have had a few of the smaller one, both good drills the bigger one is ideal if your on new builds with big solid or man made joists, the rrp is alot better compared to the smaller drill. the smaller one will do most jobs but slower and with more struggle.

i have a cordless drill that has the same power as the smaller makita which is what i use for most of my new builds and the larger makita comes out when i want some exercise.

I've got the cheaper one and find it fine, me and a mate bought it between us around 10 yrs ago when we had a few new builds to do, just use good quality auger bits which do all the work for you and prolong the life of the motor
I use Armeg, which are fairly cheap from Screwfix

I always use flat bits on joists and worktops, is there an advantage to using auger bits?

I tried the triple fluted irwin bits. Cut really well, but long. I just use spade bits and impact driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 13mm chuck angle drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath the boiler is difficult with lots of obstacles, is it okay if I run soldered copper over / across the top of the boiler? It'll be about 4" off the top...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock