Search the forum,

Discuss 13mm chuck angle drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sav

Hi guys

After a angle drill with a 13mm chuck. What drills out there have one can only find 10mm chucks!

Cheers

we had the cheaper one a few years ago used it for four years of heavy work before it expired the bigger one is a real beast but very heavey to use all day
the main thing we found was having good auger bits once they bite they pull their selves through dont last long though we found a lot of the time we needed short ones which we could only find as sets
spade bits last longer and are cheaper but need a lot of pushing

I have the 18v Makita angle drill but find a lot of the time the impact driver and stubby auger bits work just as well. Its very sort bodied and can get in between joists.

i have the bigger one and have had a few of the smaller one, both good drills the bigger one is ideal if your on new builds with big solid or man made joists, the rrp is alot better compared to the smaller drill. the smaller one will do most jobs but slower and with more struggle.

i have a cordless drill that has the same power as the smaller makita which is what i use for most of my new builds and the larger makita comes out when i want some exercise.

I've got the cheaper one and find it fine, me and a mate bought it between us around 10 yrs ago when we had a few new builds to do, just use good quality auger bits which do all the work for you and prolong the life of the motor
I use Armeg, which are fairly cheap from Screwfix

I always use flat bits on joists and worktops, is there an advantage to using auger bits?

I tried the triple fluted irwin bits. Cut really well, but long. I just use spade bits and impact driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 13mm chuck angle drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock