Discuss Where can I get whatever this olive is called? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I remembered it back to front then? You have to use same brand of insert with same brand of pipe but - ignoring MI's of course - there's no theoretical reason you couldn't use different brands of fittings on different plastic pipes as the o/d will always be 15mm?

Great tip on conex for imperial. I've never bought them before but oddly enough just found a bag of them a customer gave me a while back. They do look well made.

So would the coned olive used with the original nut with the flat face inside fit and compress properly onto 15mm pipe?

So I received the coned olive and flat face nut from kop (many thanks again kop, really, really appreciated.)

It was a pretty neat fit on 15mm pipe.

The nut on the problem fitting I am forced to join onto was quite a bit bigger though. And threads weren't a match.

23191587_10155136002300897_1940583611_o.jpg

As was the hole in it. The coned olive seemed a good fit into the body of the tee but was only *just* big enough to be good for the nut. If the nut hole was another mm or two wider it may have distorted the olive as tightened. But with some careful nipping up, checking it was fully compressed, dob of paste and it was happy as larry. So all good in the end. But I guess there were coned olives/nuts available of varying sizes back in the day and maybe you needed not to mix and match your fittings and olives pre-metric?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where can I get whatever this olive is called? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one: And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've had a burst pipe under bathroom floor. Ive had it dug up and made safe with the affected pipe cut and end caps fitted. The pipes are cover...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had to cut hot and cold feed to re route for bathroom feeds. The 22mm Copper pipe hot feed is slightly smaller then my 22mm Copper...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock