Search the forum,

Discuss what would you class this pipe as, if any? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
20140210_095816.jpg

Its literally just falling to pieces

Is it holding a test? I think I would give it a jab with a screwdriver to see how rotten it is.

It is actually a supply pipe to the meter. When touched with a screw driver it just falls apart. I called southern gas out and he just put a sniffer on it and said there is nothing he can do unless it leaks. I told him to hit with a screw driver but he wouldn't. He even got a 2nd opinion and that guy said the same. If the Landlord is worried it mightleak, then he can pay to get it upgraded.

Class it as AR, turn it off and get the householder to ring the esp again and let them turn it back on if they like. Thats about all you can do. They are a law unto themselves.

Stick a small hole in it and phone it in as a smell of gas on internal service, that will get it fixed

now that is a very good idea. Will they come and turn it back on though?
You have passed the buck making them take the decision on whether it is safe or not. They will either turn it on or replace it. Either way it is not your problem.

this is all very good to know. I just cannot believe that they will walk away from a pipe like that. the mind boggles

Safety really comes down to ÂŁÂŁÂŁ in many cases. Being a pawn in the game all we can do is throw stones at the big boys to annoy them into acting.

Looks in a terrible state, really surprised they wouldn't want to replace it.

the I can smell gas and the customer can as well normally works from experience :), problem is well and truely in their court, even if their sniffer cant, and you ring back again saying you can smell gas :) they hate it when you do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what would you class this pipe as, if any? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, grateful for any advice I need to connect a dishwasher waste water outflow pipe 25mm to 50mm waste pipe. Is there a joining piece anyone can recommend? Maybe with some appropriate tape. The waste pipe is in the wall but was trimmed at some point (unnecessarily) to only 10mm extruding from...
Replies
Views
The pipe shown is marked FOSTAPLAST BSI 1972 1/2" Class C B283 Which connectors can be used with this? Thank you
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it should be but I'm fitting an upgraded external pipe setup to include insulation. The inner 22mm pipe mates with the 32mm pipe just inside the house. It...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock