Discuss what would you class this pipe as, if any? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
20140210_095816.jpg

Its literally just falling to pieces

Is it holding a test? I think I would give it a jab with a screwdriver to see how rotten it is.

It is actually a supply pipe to the meter. When touched with a screw driver it just falls apart. I called southern gas out and he just put a sniffer on it and said there is nothing he can do unless it leaks. I told him to hit with a screw driver but he wouldn't. He even got a 2nd opinion and that guy said the same. If the Landlord is worried it mightleak, then he can pay to get it upgraded.

Class it as AR, turn it off and get the householder to ring the esp again and let them turn it back on if they like. Thats about all you can do. They are a law unto themselves.

Stick a small hole in it and phone it in as a smell of gas on internal service, that will get it fixed

now that is a very good idea. Will they come and turn it back on though?
You have passed the buck making them take the decision on whether it is safe or not. They will either turn it on or replace it. Either way it is not your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what would you class this pipe as, if any? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock