Search the forum,

Discuss What we all working on this week ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I ripped this out on Monday morning thinking I had a week before lockdown.
Just one guy in the house and he is staying away so I can get finished.
17C40C9C-D26D-492C-A1D9-731A380E3D9B.jpeg

That's seen a bit of service scott hope you get done asap mate I am now finishing up jobs this week then that's me done for at least 3 weeks, keep well mate . Regards kop

Might have to get the tools back out and warm the van up based on some of the discussions around assistance for the self employed. Looks like we may be sold down the river.

Interesting times ahead.

????? Not seen anything bud

Just saw a bit on the news this morning and read an article online.
Nothing available for self employed until end of May and strict limits on who will be able to claim.

If it's true then it's a bit of a kick in the balls to the self employed. Pay tax and national insurance and once it's over will be expected to pay our share again. But hung out to dry it seems.

Hope I'm wrong.

Nothing available for self employed until end of May and strict limits on who will be able to claim.

If it's true then it's a bit of a kick in the balls to the self employed. Pay tax and national insurance and once it's over will be expected to pay our share again. But hung out to dry it seems.

Hope I'm wrong.
Let's hope so bud keep well mate . Kop

Hope I'm wrong.
Well Simon what do you make of the chancellor's offering for us self employed it should make things a little easier?? but we won't see any monies till June at the earliest. Kop

All finished onto the next

Attachments

• 79FFC593-BCFF-4C27-9B96-167663FAF4F6.jpeg
    79FFC593-BCFF-4C27-9B96-167663FAF4F6.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 12
  • C6EB1D79-5B45-49CE-87CE-D3926F38D61E.jpeg
    C6EB1D79-5B45-49CE-87CE-D3926F38D61E.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 6CFECD29-A8AE-4BC0-9B1D-C87DE1E5A844.jpeg
    6CFECD29-A8AE-4BC0-9B1D-C87DE1E5A844.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 15
Well Simon what do you make of the chancellor's offering for us self employed it should make things a little easier?? but we won't see any monies till June at the earliest. Kop

I liked it, a few worrying undertones for the future but I'm more concerned with the here and now at the minute.

He came across well and couldn't help but think he's probably a future prime minister

Very nice, is that a click lock floor.

No atm it’s concrete funny you should say that I thought the same :D
[automerge]1585251501[/automerge]
Worth risking your health and others health over though mate?

It’s one of those ideal I would love to self iso but until they stop the bills or do something else can’t as I feel we will all need to be at home at least 6 months

Worth risking your health and others health over though mate?
We are all on lock down that means we should only attend emergency call outs to carry out essential work where there a risk to health other than that the message is clear stay at home to avoid catching and spreading this disease to ignore this is very very foolish . Kop

No atm it’s concrete funny you should say that I thought the same :D
[automerge]1585251501[/automerge]

It’s one of those ideal I would love to self iso but until they stop the bills or do something else can’t as I feel we will all need to be at home at least 6 months
I do understand that mate. But if it is as bad as they say do you want to be passing to your family or parents? It’s bad enough we have to do emergencies. (I know we can say No but who actually would if someone had water pouring through a ceiling).

We are all on lock down that means we should only attend emergency call outs to carry out essential work where there a risk to health other than that the message is clear stay at home to avoid catching and spreading this disease to ignore this is very very foolish . Kop

The advice is to go to work if you cannot work from home as long as social distancing can be maintained. I don't see a problem with still working as long as safety measures are put into place. People are still going out to the supermarket, pharmacy, getting petrol etc. Even items being delivered to your house pose a risk! How do you know what precautions have been taken by the supplier to ensure no potential contamination. What about receiving post from the postman? All of these pose a bigger risk than some plumbing jobs.

I work from home 50% of the time anyway. However we have had to cancel an important board meeting and get it done by email. Our major client at the present in Iraq who was pushing for 5 month delivery has agreed to await a while due to the world wide situation. BIG BUT my Mrs has been told to work from home from Monday after her weeks holiday so I am dreading the state of my office
The companies that make our plumbing and heating devices were on lock down but I expect the forges to be blown down anytime. Centralheatking

I think you have to what right for you my missus in in the vunerable category so I will only be doing only emergency and breakdown callouts, I signed up as NHS responder so I will do my bit when called upon, just heard on the BBC news Boris has tested positive for the virus so we will see what happens now ???

I've pulled the pin - mutual agreement between myself, builder and customer on some projects that were about to be started.
In all honesty about 200+ k of work.

Someone is dying every 2 minutes in Italy, 17 minutes in New York and we are about to be under the onslaught of the virus over here.

Anything essential will be done, under strict conditions or premise inspection.
I'm not going to take any adverse risks.

There will be the other side to this pandemic, I want to be around on the other side
[automerge]1585384920[/automerge]
Cheers KOP
👍

Last edited:
I've pulled the pin - mutual agreement between myself, builder and customer on some projects that were about to be started.
In all honesty about 200+ k of work.

Someone is dying every 2 minutes in Italy, 17 minutes in New York and we are about to be under the onslaught of the virus over here.

Anything essential will be done, under strict conditions or premise inspection.
I'm not going to take any adverse risks.

There will be the other side to this pandemic, I want to be around on the other side
[automerge]1585384920[/automerge]
Cheers KOP
👍
Getting out of hand here mate 280 deaths today and we haven't peaked yet NHS doing there best to cope but they are at full capacity and falling ill themselves, Boris Johnson has it , the health minister , and the top medical advisor to the government others will follow no doubt . Stay safe OZ self isolate with your loved ones bud . Regards kop

Last edited:
I work from home 50% of the time anyway. However we have had to cancel an important board meeting and get it done by email. Our major client at the present in Iraq who was pushing for 5 month delivery has agreed to await a while due to the world wide situation. BIG BUT my Mrs has been told to work from home from Monday after her weeks holiday so I am dreading the state of my office
The companies that make our plumbing and heating devices were on lock down but I expect the forges to be blown down anytime. Centralheatking
We had a board meeting at 11.00 this morning up on Clieve Hill just 4 of us ....quite unreal all went in own trucks and stood quite apart in a gentle off shore wind , they voted (I am non exec dir) after a chat
Our company moves fwds again ....strange days these. Chking

Almost at the end of my dad's full bathroom install. This started out as him wanting a new shower and tiling around said area. With his mind changing about what he wants every five minutes myself and my brother (joiner) have ended up taking the whole room back to the brickwork, fully tiled the walls and floor, installed new WC, moved locations of basin and radiator, fitted a new ceiling and installed spotlights and fan. Just got to tile the shower tray now.

We've been getting ale money for our work... and now the pubs are shut.

Almost at the end of my dad's full bathroom install. This started out as him wanting a new shower and tiling around said area. With his mind changing about what he wants every five minutes myself and my brother (joiner) have ended up taking the whole room back to the brickwork, fully tiled the walls and floor, installed new WC, moved locations of basin and radiator, fitted a new ceiling and installed spotlights and fan. Just got to tile the shower tray now.

Must be a lot of ale @Keefy :D

And your dads happy ..wish mine was still around and wanted a new bathroom ..well done
Centralheatking

The weekend before the lockdown I took my little Mavic Mini out for a flight to get some footage (link below). The intention was to pay proper attention to what I was filming, whilst always flying safely of course, so I could make a proper edited film using the footage and add some music. My other videos are just raw footage up until now although there are some beautiful scenes. I take no credit for the beautiful scenes because Guernsey makes that easy.

I had never edited a video before this and it took me a while to get it right but I had the time during this lockdown to go through the footage I had gathered before all this madness really kicked off here. 40 minutes of flight footage around the area condensed into 8 minutes for the video. Then I found a bit of rights-free music to hopefully go with it.

If you want to relax (I hope it's relaxing for you!) please take a look. It's 8 minutes of scenery on one of our small peninsulas with an old fort and a long distance rifle range on it. On my channel is other raw footage of a few coastal flights over Guernsey.

Here is my video. Best viewed at 1080p View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73GqDAdhMhM

Last edited:

Reply to What we all working on this week ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock