Search the forum,

Discuss What length of jobs do you prefer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
1 hour jobs
1 day jobs
1 week jobs
longer

longer jobs dont have to keep getting the kit in and out of the van :D

Small jobs of 1 or 2 hours I prefer.
Less pressure on me and I can still manage to fit in some breakdowns or other urgent call outs.

Too many very small jobs and I find myself squeezing too many in and running round a bit, too long a job and I get tunnel visioned and don't take breaks properly and it leaves me to knackered. So my ideal jobs are 2-3 hours long. Two of those a day at a chilled pace is what I'd prefer.

Too many very small jobs and I find myself squeezing too many in and running round a bit, too long a job and I get tunnel visioned and don't take breaks properly and it leaves me to knackered. So my ideal jobs are 2-3 hours long. Two of those a day at a chilled pace is what I'd prefer.

A good mix wouldn’t be bad. It’s nice to see the end after a long job it gives a good feeling once you finished it off. Smaller jobs can be profitable but it also can get really upsetting when things do t work.

Reply to What length of jobs do you prefer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have recently had a conservatory installed, covering the full length of the kitchen. I have just failed my gas safety inspection due to lack of ventilation. I have a ventless extractor fan, thinking that would do that job… but apparently not. Is there any other solutions to it? and why...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am going to a job tomorrow where the customar says they have a 1 inch square valve head (what i would call a fire hydrant valve, maybe theres another name) in a manhole that turns the wrong way ie. Anticlockwise is off and clockwise is on. I'm in the Midlands and customer says some...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, Appreciate any help here. I called Mira who advise that they can't support this shower any longer. The shower works intermittently. Sometimes the light on the control unit does not light up, and will not switch the shower on. This can be for 24 hours, or can be 1 week. This is the shower...
Replies
Views
andy ca
A
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock