Discuss What have you done today? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I'm back early, a non day really. I fitted a straight swap shower, toilet siphon, kitchen tap and a quote.
Tried to pay my tax bill at the post office but they didn't do it and I had to go into town, no way so doing it online.

I finished a 2 day install off this morning. Only had rad valves left. Was in the van and on my way home by 10. I picked up a bag of 3 doughnuts for the journey!
Then I went for a haircut and laid on the sofa watching Peepshow on catch up.

Textbook day.

I've been watching peep show as well this afternoon. I never get bored of them.

I've just got Amazon prime video and have endless films and Tv series and I watch peep show on youtube.

Serviced a new Vaillant (you tube on phone) fitted a three port wrong! Then of to Leamington Spa for an easy Baxi breakdown. Home by 2 and bored sh!tless.

Continued on with a wetroom. Porcelain tiles. Looking good, but slow going.

Using my firestick to catch up on the tv. Watched the new ghostbusters and star trek. Also watched containment, fear the walking dead and just started man in the high castle.

I'm on ep 5 of fear the walking dead, I think there are only 6 episodes..good though!

Fitted new locks to bedroom doors, cored a hole and installed extractor fan in the bathroom, wired up new 2-way switching for hallway lights, installed new ceiling lights throughout. All at my sister's house whilst everyone is running around like headless chickens getting ready for nephew's wedding.

Now for 3 days of endless food and merriment! :)

Drove for 1.5hrs to do a "Customer unhappy with pump" inspection & written report for Saniflo HQ where I ripped the installation to bits. Whoever did it had no idea on uk water and electric regs. Then drove for another hour to carry out a simple 30 min service. Left home at 9 and back by 2pm, all round 160miles.

Went to Andover and did a landlords and boiler service

Then back to my parents house to continue 'the project' whole house refurb including the double garage, whilst parents are still living there.

'moved the drinks cabinet 6 inches closer to berlin' as blackadder would say

Jobbing as always. Fixed leak under a sink, changed a kitchen sink and then did a job which involved running new pipework around the houses to a new area which I did all in copper, soldered and bent. Then customer saw it and actually looked disappointed and said she'd presumed I'd have done it in plastic. "I suppose I can paint it, right?" She said.

Went to a quote yesterday, knocked on front door waited ages so went round back (terrace house), knocked on back door while she went to front. I wasn't there, I was round the back knocking, she heard and went to answer but I went round the front thinking there's no one in. I rang her up and said I don't think there's anyone in. She said "stay put I'm coming out!".

She called me just as I was dissapearing back round the back!

Jobbing as always. Fixed leak under a sink, changed a kitchen sink and then did a job which involved running new pipework around the houses to a new area which I did all in copper, soldered and bent. Then customer saw it and actually looked disappointed and said she'd presumed I'd have done it in plastic. "I suppose I can paint it, right?" She said.

Running pipework round the houses?

Poor choice of phrase as it implies inefficiency. Basically I ran pipework a fair distance, is what I meant.

Went to a quote yesterday, knocked on front door waited ages so went round back (terrace house), knocked on back door while she went to front. I wasn't there, I was round the back knocking, she heard and went to answer but I went round the front thinking there's no one in. I rang her up and said I don't think there's anyone in. She said "stay put I'm coming out!".

She called me just as I was dissapearing back round the back!

I've always thought of you as the benny hill of the plumbing world!

changed a gas valve on an an old glowworm hideaway and give it a clean out & service then of to a farm and changed an expansion valve on the air conditioning on a Case tractor (there lots of this work for us round here in gods garden). Of to Aunt Bessies in Hull tomorrow which will be long day

Fitted a Baxi platinum in a sh"t hole whilst checking my van every ten minutes to make sure the local powder pedlars hadn't robed it.if it ain't nailed down its gone

changed a gas valve on an an old glowworm hideaway and give it a clean out & service then of to a farm and changed an expansion valve on the air conditioning on a Case tractor (there lots of this work for us round here in gods garden). Of to Aunt Bessies in Hull tomorrow which will be long day

You do shifts at the yorkshire pudding factory?

Fitted a Baxi platinum in a sh"t hole whilst checking my van every ten minutes to make sure the local powder pedlars hadn't robed it.if it ain't nailed down its gone

Ha ha ...customer sees you checking your van every 5 mins and says "hey its not that bad round here" ha ha

There is a site shop but depends whats been damaged/mislabeled as to what available but everything is pence i.e. £0.10p regardless

The adverts depict a nice old grandma making the finest yorkshire puddings in her kitchen, I bet the factory is quite different..

Flooded a kitchen

Couldn't completely empty an old fibreglass cwsc (about 3/4 gals left) on a system/unvented install, so took a ceiling board down in new extension, dragged tank across old rafters into new and fitted a hose to the cold feed outlet and let it drain

On to new kitchen floor as the bricky tripped over the hose and dragged it back inside without thinking to tell me
3/4 gals of brown water running over a newly laid floor (only concrete thankfully) whilst I blissfully held the tank at an angle so every last drop came out

Also put a new pattern on the hallway carpet after my tissue plugs in the primary tappings came out whilst carrying cyl out, Mr muscle sorted that though

Glad the custards have fecked of for a week, :cowboy:

Bloody brickie! I hate working with others around me messing stuff up..

Fitted new locks to bedroom doors, cored a hole and installed extractor fan in the bathroom, wired up new 2-way switching for hallway lights, installed new ceiling lights throughout. All at my sister's house whilst everyone is running around like headless chickens getting ready for nephew's wedding.

Now for 3 days of endless food and merriment! :)
Fair exchange is no robbery....lol enjoy...regards Turnpin:party:

Had a call back on an electric shower where cust said i fitted it wrong no power , helps if she turns it on !!!
Then went off for a sneaky sausage roll and swiss finger,
Next job was a fault in a female toilet hourly rate one so shot off to the pub to meet a mate then came back to do repair.
Last job set of taps done by 4 easy day

I love indian food and culture, i could eat curry morning, noon and dinner

Spending 3 weeks in india in the new year, cant wait

got a call to a faulty 3 year old Alpha combi on LPG, 3 other techies had failed/run away from it, no hot water keeps flaming out, so far new thermistors and general lack of repair. Hello folks, has anyone done a working pressure test, lpg pressure on heating running at 12mb!!! clue is LPG, new bottle valve assembly and all fixed. One wonders if people out there just think logically nowadays!!! Not trying to polish my halo but FFS!!!

Had the same yesterday, gas fire was condemned ( by the manufacture ) as gas pressure to low when boiler and aga where on. Check gas meter it's running at 17mbar !!

Finished early, took a couple of floor standers down to scrappie along with a couple of fibreglass cwsc full of cyl lagging
Boilers were worth £5.40 and tanks cost me £2.86 to dump, I keep a running tab with them rather than having cheques and end up dumping the stuff I can't burn, for free
Soon I shall be off to pick up the hire minibus then Morrisons to get some food/goodies for our Weymouth fishing trio tomorrow
Leave at 4 am in morn, fish from 8 am til around 4 pm, then back to our digs (Sailors Return) for a quick shower, then lots of beer and frivolity
The drive back home Sunday morning is less exciting

Finished early, took a couple of floor standers down to scrappie along with a couple of fibreglass cwsc full of cyl lagging
Boilers were worth £5.40 and tanks cost me £2.86 to dump, I keep a running tab with them rather than having cheques and end up dumping the stuff I can't burn, for free
Soon I shall be off to pick up the hire minibus then Morrisons to get some food/goodies for our Weymouth fishing trio tomorrow
Leave at 4 am in morn, fish from 8 am til around 4 pm, then back to our digs (Sailors Return) for a quick shower, then lots of beer and frivolity
The drive back home Sunday morning is less exciting

Have fun swampy! Can I request pics all all fish caught please?!

new smart meters fitted--drop test failed enter me dig up solid concrete floor give up on that start complete re pipe lift vinyl floor and ply-wood drill thru rock hard oak joists do under floor work and breath go home in agony just the cooker and gas fire to re connect

had a nervous breakdown,a near head on smash,a throttled apprentice and a women who nearly got told to fk off ,seriously feel stressed now and wondering where it all went wrong and i became a gas engineer

new smart meters fitted--drop test failed enter me dig up solid concrete floor give up on that start complete re pipe lift vinyl floor and ply-wood drill thru rock hard oak joists do under floor work and breath go home in agony just the cooker and gas fire to re connect

We need a "thank feck that isn't me" button

Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.Toilets and taps.

Actually did have a funny one today. All new innards in a bog. Went out to external stopcock and remember thinking "I know I always turn it on a crack and jog in the check all is ok but every now and then f it, play the odds."

Whacked it on full and got as far as the front door when I heard massive water activity inside. Ran back out and turned off. Went in and found I'd left the stem of the fluidmaster inlet installed but not popped the top half on. Cistern lid off. Mains pressure very good. The whole bathroom got a proper shower.

Thing is the owner is virtually deaf. She didn't hear a thing so I trotted back in with a blue roll under my arm and 15 mins later, you'd never know. Except that she might wonder why I threw in a total bathroom clean in for the price. I'm just that nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What have you done today? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
L
So my toilet got blocked and none of the usual methods were working. I had a drain snake lying around in a kitchen drawer so thought I'd give it a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock