Search the forum,

Discuss Weird float valve diaphragm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I was called out today to an overflowing toitet cistern. The float valve is like a steel rod with a float valve which is like an oval with flat sides and the initials t c on it. The rod pushes downwards onto the diaphragm.

The diaphragm is exactly the same as a standard ball valve diaphragm but only about 1cm in diameter.

Unfortunately my phone was out of charge so I can't provide a picture.

I have spun the diaphragm round and it seems to be working ok but it is very worn. I would normally have swapped it for a fluidmaster float valve but the cistern is so tall and narrow I'm not sure one would fit and unfortunately I didn't have one with me. The custard was going on holiday this afternoon so I didn't have time to do anything else but instructed him to turn the water supply off at the isolation valve before he went to be on the safe side.

Has anyone ever come across one of these weird diaphragms and, if so, can you advise where to get one?

I have checked all over the internet and can't find it.

I'm afraid not Chalked, but tghanks anyway.

I think I will have to change the float valve completely, it's just finding one that fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Weird float valve diaphragm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, apologies in advance for my ignorance. I have an old style toilet with what I've researched is a ballcock. The toilet was screaming every time we flushed so I googled and found it was the diaphragm valve that needed replaced. I bought a pack of diaphragm seals and attempted to change...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, one of the two hooks on my toilet Torbeck fill valve has broken, and so the float can't connect. I've bought a new fill valve, however it's incredibly difficult to access underneath and replace the whole valve. I therefore just want to replace the plastic part that has the two hooks...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
D
The usual problem of quarter turn inlet valves not shutting off, so I eventually found replacement diaphragms 32mm... and although they fit properly, the water still does not shut off. If I lift the float up I'd have thought the water should shut off but it makes no difference. So I tried the...
Replies
Views
9-21-22 Hi All: I have always appreciated your comments and troubleshooting recommendations. If I may ask for your thoughts on the following: I have and older Orbit WaterMaster valve. Please see attached photo. I have 4 of these valves in the manifold. I have replaced the diaphragm on all 4...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I turned the screw on the cistern pipe to stop the water. I removed all the silicon around the toilet, now I can easily lift up the Front panel but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock