Discuss Noise coming from sprinkler valve in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

9-21-22

Hi All: I have always appreciated your comments and troubleshooting recommendations. If I may ask for your thoughts on the following:

I have and older Orbit WaterMaster valve. Please see attached photo. I have 4 of these valves in the manifold. I have replaced the diaphragm on all 4 valves with Part Number 57045. I believe the model # of the valve is 57100 or 57101 and is a 1 inch valve. After replacing the diaphragm on zone three and turned on the water system, I heard a humming/buzzing type of noise coming from that number 3 valve. That particular sound was not coming from any of the other 3 valves. Please note that the noise I hear is very hard to describe. But whenever I replaced a diaphragm it seems that I hear that type of noise. Perhaps some of you may know of this sound.

Anyway, I removed the valve cover and diaphragm from zone three and zone one. I placed the valve cover and diaphragm from zone one onto Zone three and visa versa. I did not hear that particular noise from zone one but did continue to hear the nose coming from zone 3.

Any assistance or thoughts will be appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance.

Attachments

• valve.JPG
    valve.JPG
    491.7 KB · Views: 8

Reply to Noise coming from sprinkler valve in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 4 zone / 7 loop UFH system. 2 zones (4 loops) always get hot when the system is on when the zone thermostats and actuators are...
Replies
Views
Could someone tell me what this is, please? (coming from a Joule Cyclone unvented cylinder) It was making a distinct knocking, vibrating...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Ive had to replace the pump isolator valves as they were leaking. All done and working but struggling to get air out. Rads are all good...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock