Discuss Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, still debating fancy a change had 2 vivaros and aint had any problems with em but read a few stories about em but then again transits a bit more money but has a lot more features on it. Hate having to decide on things

Me too mate. Trouble is my hand is being forced. I need to be sorted asap. If the van was working I'd take a couple of weeks to make a choice minimum.

My van just died!!!!! Vauxhall vivaro. Was driving home from work and a light flashed saying stop and showing the battery sign. As I needed milk I stopped at a garage to get milk and it wouldn't start. Totally dead. When I jump started it it went for a little bit then lost all power just around the corner from my house. Hopefully it's just a new battery that needs replacing

That is what i got rid of my vivaro for and bought the citreon. Took it to the garage and it showed up needing an alternator (£300) so that was changed. Stopped on the way past the garage to see if it would be ready to pick up later that day and he said it is cutting out. Ticked over for 10 minutes or so then would cut out. Showing an injector fault. I'd had the injectors done before at £800 odd so that was the last straw and i decided to dump it. The last thing i need is an unreliable van.
Btw i would never have another vivaro.

That is what i got rid of my vivaro for and bought the citreon. Took it to the garage and it showed up needing an alternator (£300) so that was changed. Stopped on the way past the garage to see if it would be ready to pick up later that day and he said it is cutting out. Ticked over for 10 minutes or so then would cut out. Showing an injector fault. I'd had the injectors done before at £800 odd so that was the last straw and i decided to dump it. The last thing i need is an unreliable van.
Btw i would never have another vivaro.

But from what the AA bloke said, a Vivaro is the same as a Traffic and a Primastar.

Surely three different manufacturers wouldn't use the same engine, chassis if it was junk?

Been looking at the auction catalogue. They have hundreds of vans coming up. Lots of Vivaro's!!!

Don't want to buy a load of trouble though.

I got a brand new transit in sept for 6k cheaper than the ford dealership on the Internet i used to have a Peugeot partner spilt head alternator went twice got sick of spending money on it like tamz and his vivaro and it was too small like the combo can nightmare to find stuff the day after finishing a big job, like someone else said we spend a lot of time in our vans so a bit of comfort is a must, only thing is you kinda have to clean it every week as I feel bad having a 16grand van covered in muck

I've bought my vivaro when it was 6 months old and that was 6 1/2 years ago. It now has 45k on the clock and in that time it has had two wishbones and a new powersteering pump. Overall I've really enjoyed it and it's been a great van, I just wish I had bought the sportive with the full electrics.

Looking to change soon to the new Expert as I don't need such a big van anymore.

Are there any websites you boys know of that sell new or nearly new vans? I'm looking at a new van at the moment as I've had a few problems with mine recently and it's time for a new one.

Ive searched for the van I'm after but I not 100% on the websites as I've never heard of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better...
Replies
Views
At the start of COVID we started increasing the size of a small bungalow to create first floor. All electrics and plumbing removed. Electrics...
Replies
Views
I could really do with some advice. Bit of back history, I have a trianco thorncliffe solid fuel room heater it has a back boiler, my dad put the...
Replies
Views
Good evening. I'm after buying a Ford Transit Custom as my old but trusty Vauxhall combo is starting to feel it now and doesn't look the part...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock