Discuss Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2008 transit 2.4 300 mwb mrf for work and think it is a great van. It has only been started 4 times in 6 months and doesnt miss a beat.

Tamz, 11.5K plus VAT?

Been out to two dealers, Renualt and Vauxhall. Lookung at the Vivaro and the Traffic.

Quite a lot of dosh to buy new. An ex demo Vivaro, 20,000 miles on a 61 plate for £9,950.00 +VAT.

That seems pretty reasonable. Tempted to get a small loan and go to the auctions again. I've always had pretty good vans from there in the past. Apparently the list price for my Vauxhall is over £3k from a dealer and I should get £2500 for it once the fuel pump has been changed.

Won't see much change out of a grand for that job, but I am covered for the breakdown warranty, so looking at £500 for repair, hopefully a bit less.

They always have preregistered ones on offer. It is to do with their discounts from the makers.
I've bought a few vans from the market over the years and always been lucky.
Btw i sold a 56 combo for £500 last year (taxed and mot'd for 6 months) to a mate but i only paid £1900 for it at an auction in 2009. It was a bit rough looking but a good runner.

Is that a Saturday van Michael or are u really really quite

Im employed mate but medically suspended since august last year. Have a 51 transit 280 swb for personal use but havent been doing any work yet just prepping for self employment mate. Should be forcibly self employed in a few weeks.

My van just died!!!!! Vauxhall vivaro. Was driving home from work and a light flashed saying stop and showing the battery sign. As I needed milk I stopped at a garage to get milk and it wouldn't start. Totally dead. When I jump started it it went for a little bit then lost all power just around the corner from my house. Hopefully it's just a new battery that needs replacing

£500 Tamz. Great. Now I'm really depressed!!

I've been chatting to my mate who works for me (he needs a new van too, as he wrote his off in the snow) and we're going to go to the auction this week, take a day off and see whats on offer. I will have to speak to the business manager at the bank tomorrow to see what I can borrow first.

I want something that's done under 20K miles. Once a van has done 80K it's best years are behind it.

I would love to iron out £15K on a nearly new van but I'm too tight fisted.

Stupid thing is we buy a new car every 3 years on HP. Part ex the old one and buy a new one. Have done for the past 4 cars anyway. So the wife drives a nice new car every day and I toodle round in a **** heap!!

My van just died!!!!! Vauxhall vivaro. Was driving home from work and a light flashed saying stop and showing the battery sign. As I needed milk I stopped at a garage to get milk and it wouldn't start. Totally dead. When I jump started it it went for a little bit then lost all power just around the corner from my house. Hopefully it's just a new battery that needs replacing

Oh No!! Maybe it's catching? Maybe I've got a case of van flu!!?

Sorry to hear that Mutley. It's such a kick in the balls isn't it? I've got to go hire a little car tomorrow morning, can't be without wheels even for a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better...
Replies
Views
At the start of COVID we started increasing the size of a small bungalow to create first floor. All electrics and plumbing removed. Electrics...
Replies
Views
I could really do with some advice. Bit of back history, I have a trianco thorncliffe solid fuel room heater it has a back boiler, my dad put the...
Replies
Views
Good evening. I'm after buying a Ford Transit Custom as my old but trusty Vauxhall combo is starting to feel it now and doesn't look the part...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock