Search the forum,

Discuss VAILLANT ecotec plus 831 wiring controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

garnhamr

Hi, wired up one of these today, got given a internal plug in programmer and a danfoss wireless room stat.
I could not get it to work so i wired in an external programmer instead.
am i being dense?
i plugged in the programmer, took out the 24v link and then wired the roomstat with a permanent live because there is no 240v live sent from the bolier only the RT switch live return. now when the programmer is during an off time, if the roomstat is on the heating still comes on which obviously it shouldn't because of the programmer being off.

anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

because i'ts using a 240v roomstat i have to remove the 24v link no?

have to say, i didn't try it with the link in place. i'm at home now so can't try :/

hating these vaillant install/user manuals.
'the concept of programmes'
yes thanks vaillant i am aware of the concept, just tell me how to bloody set it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you qualified gas installer? U have removed the boiler combustion chamber door. This is a topic for the gas engineers sanctum - to avoid diy and other less scrupulous persons trawling tinternet and endangering lives!

Oh dear! Your now an illegal gas installer too!

Get a gas safe engineer to sort it for u. You arnt allowed to remove that cover it forms an extremely important seal on boiler

They have given you the wrong plug in control. You want a (plug in) programmable roomstat depending what make they use there are a few different ones.

Apparently he is but here we go again.
Most "fitters" will stick it on a plug to fire it upp and the spark will apear when he gets there.
There is a TB about this (can't remember the number, look it up).
Its time they sorted things out properly on this as your average gas guy (in Englandshire) isn't even qualified to plug it in :smile:

good thing there was a heating engineer to supervise.
Anyway, that is the conclusion i came to... it just wont work but on the vaillant website it shows a vaillant 240v roomstat that is comaptibel with the timeclock that i used 'timeclodck 160'.
i wish i had of tried it with the 24v link in and i wish vaillant could use proper english in their instructions

vailants used to have the best literature now its pants when i spoke to a tech guy recently he said its all produced in germany now

yeah i remember wiring them up about 5 years ago and found them to be really installer friendly from a sparks point of view, now i just feel like an idiot asking the customer to help me with it lol

If you use 240v you need to remove 24v link. Why not wire the roomstat to 24v?
It does sound like you may have wrong plug in timer.

seems i'm not the only one who struggles with vaillant so no need to go back to high school or get counselling

yeah Ollieg, thats what i understand, if using 240v, remove the 24v link but why on the vaillant website does it show a 240v stat being compatible with the timeclock 160 which i used, it's the only thing i didn't try (with the link in) so maybe it would work although i can't see how.

I bet the 160 is for use with the ebus roomstat.
I have a guide in the van but dont remember seeing 160 on it.

sorry confusing myself. vrt 15 240v should work with ts 160.

vrt 50 ebus. should work with ts 150

Last edited:
1660cc777f1d69cc46d9c93b06b33f8c.jpg
hope this may help

thanks ollieg saved that pic for future reference. Although i can't get back to the place and try it i think i've figured it out in that the wireless roomstat i used is for 10v-240v so i should have used the 24v out/return from boiler. DOH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to VAILLANT ecotec plus 831 wiring controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Morning all, My Vallient Ecotec Plus 831 is stored in the loft and is connected to Hive. It is coming on randomly at various times of the day, but particularly middle of the night, and staying on until I manually turn the boiler off. Hive schedule is switched off but still comes on. Had an...
Replies
Views
J Hughes
J
Removing pump and installing a new pump for Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 400 15kW Heat Only Boiler. Connecting the pump to the boiler and completing all wiring for the thermostat and consumer heating controller.
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
I am considering replacing my existing boiler with the new 2023 Vaillant ecotec plus 625 boiler. I currently have 3 x Heatmiser neoStat thermostats that are all hard wired back to the wiring centre; one for the central heating, one for a room with UFH, and one for the HW. I use the Heatmiser...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Vaillant VRT 392 Thermostat just stopped working, it's completely dead, I read another thread suggesting changing batteries, but this model does not use batteries, it's wired to a Vaillant control center VR65 with eBUS, my boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC plus 624, anyone can help identify...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock