Discuss The death of solar PV? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Feed-in tariff rate cut proposalsI think this one is going to be the nail in the coffin for the Solar PV industry, just my 2 cents! Glad I for one waited on registering for MCS and doing the courses. Trying to sell a PV system with what looks like an 18 year payback now is likely to prove difficult at best.

solar thermal is better than solar pv anyway, it was only the tarrif that ensouraged pv, so if they cu it you may well be right

I think it's the death of renewables in general theres not much interest in thermal or air source at the moment now they've killed off PV this governments a bunch of incompetents

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I was a bit shocked when I read it. This is obviously how the government 'supports' our industry..

It is terrible that everyone else, including the poor pensioners have to subsidise the middle classes and well off to fit these through increased energy prices in times when everyone, especially pensioners, are struggling to keep up with the cost of living.
It is not the Government paying the FIT it is the energy suppliers who get it back through higher bills for the masses.

I hope they abolish it altogether.

NEVER TAKEN TO SOLAR,it looks terrible with a massive plasma tv siliconed to the roof,and all that weight in the atic,rip it out and have a combi

NEVER TAKEN TO SOLAR,it looks terrible with a massive plasma tv siliconed to the roof,and all that weight in the atic,rip it out and have a combi

hence your user name gas man, its not likely to become solarman anytime soon eh?

solar thermal is better than solar pv anyway, it was only the tarrif that ensouraged pv, so if they cu it you may well be right

please tell me why solar thermal is better than solar pv? i have my solar thermal ticket and yeah its good and affective but do you really make the money back you have to invest into it in the first place?

No but if anyone wants to spend it and do their bit for the planet i'll take it and spout a lot of nonsense which i don't believe to back it up.

Saying that i have never did one solar yet where the people are not over the moon.
Some people are easily please tho :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The death of solar PV? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock