Discuss The death of solar PV? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but if anyone wants to spend it and do their bit for the planet i'll take it and spout a lot of nonsense which i don't believe to back it up.

Saying that i have never did one solar yet where the people are not over the moon.
Some people are easily please tho :lol:

Be careful about this mate. I was reading the Sunday Mail today and saw my first claims company openly advertising for clients who feel they have been mis-sold solar systems on the basis of predicted income. Not suggesting you would do this for a moment but these leaches will try anything to earn a fast sum of cash.

Personally I think that electric boilers will become the way of the future in around 10 years or so time. I think gas is going to rise far faster than electric and we will reach a point where electric becomes cheaper than gas as a heating medium, plus it's around 99.9% efficient of course.

Not quite there yet though :)

i know engineers who work on all forms of solar, ground and air source etc... and they all say they wont bother fitting it in there own homes in the near future. Electric boilers and tonns of nucular power stations is a scary thought but its looking more likely to me.

tis the only solution i feel, nuclear and make everything electric, it carbon neutral

I know a company researching and testing CHP (similar to ecogens) and other stuff which i don't fully understand which will become (hopefully for them) more mainstream in the future. None of it however will be cheap to install. I believe gas will play a smaller part in the future of heating the UK but due to installation costs of the alternatives your average gas boiler will be here for a while yet.

tis the only solution i feel, nuclear and make everything electric, it carbon neutral
The Government are too scared to commit to nuclear for fear of upsetting voters.

I thought the majority was for nuclear power and it was only a very noisy minority who was against it.

I often get asked the question (in general chit-chat with customers), what is cheapest way, to heat up and maintain a safe comfortable temp, in a single living room and bedroom (terraced type medium size house - or flat usually). More often than not from older customers!....hould they chose gas central heating (existing newish / new condensing boiler or combi) with all other room TRV's turned off, OR 2 smallish halogen heaters, one in each room, OR electric rad, OR go back to paraffin, or bottled gas. To me this indicated the public haven't got a clue. That's NOT to say they are ignorant, but simple (yes I know there ar several factors in play) comparisons are just not out there for worried, hard-up people: only the (cynical me coming next) government or corporate led marketing messages, designed to steer all of us in the 'desired' direction. Solar is a case in point here. Whilst our good and great 'leaders' push the next greatest thing at bargain prices and benefits (remember gas for cars or cheap diesel) to get you hooked up, the 80 year old pensioner who is just trying to stay alive doesn't know which way to turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The death of solar PV? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back