Discuss Megaflo Unvented Turn Off When on Holiday? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably no need for me to needlessly heat hot water. My intention was to turn the boiler off along with the mains water when going away.

Now, I have heard that Megaflo's should be kept at 60 degrees plus to prevent bacteria growth etc. Will turning the cylinder off for two weeks full of cold water when we return likely be a problem?

Thanks...

No as legionellae likes 45-50 so aslong as it’s below that it’s dead eg 30c etc so use the hot water and don’t reheat it before you go and use it all etc

Reply to Megaflo Unvented Turn Off When on Holiday? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn...
Replies
Views
Customer complained of hot water tank getting hot when no demand Y plan system couldn't see any issues so I watched it Timer set to CH only, HW...
Replies
Views
D
Hi. Turned my heating on for the 1st time today, i bled every radiator as haven't done it since last winter. upstairs worked fine but an hour...
Replies
Views
I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m new here and don’t know a thing about plumbing so be gentle on me as I am also going to ask a possible dumb question, this summer I turned...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock