Discuss Sunvic relay junction box connected to Drayton MA1 Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been told by Sunvic and Drayton that I couldn't wire a Drayton MA1 mid position valve to a Sunvic RJ 2801or 2802 relay junction box I set out to do just that! After some head scratching with the RJ wiring diagrams the result was amazingly simple and was fully tested in all the Htg and HW modes.

Connect the valve actuator to the RJ as follows:

Grey term 13

Orange " 15

Blue " 13

White " 1 (with the room stat demand wire)

Note term 14 isn't used.

The programmer must have separate CH and HW channels. The HW "OFF" terminal must be wired to term 18 on the RJ2802 and term 11 on the 2801.
I hope this helps in using what I believe is a better valve to retro fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sunvic relay junction box connected to Drayton MA1 Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everybody I have got problem with my central heating. Everything was fine but couple of days ago we got only HW not CH. Couple details...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone I've just joined the site and hope someone can help a plumber in need. Not been on forums before so this is all pretty new to me...
Replies
Views
U
Hi, I changed this divert valve like for like. ACL Drayton (Invensys) MA1/679-3 Mid-Position Motorised Valve When only heating is required the...
Replies
Views
Ukdodger
U
O
I have a related problem which I have been trying to resolve for the past 12 months. Whenever I power up my system my hot water turns on and will...
Replies
Views
Ollietheharp
O
E
Hi guys, Having a bit of a headache after attempting to rectify a 'simple' fault on my system. After having trawled thru pages of posts...
Replies
Views
Earnest Lee
E
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock