Currently reading:
No heating after MA1 change!

Discuss No heating after MA1 change! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Earnest Lee

Hi guys,

Having a bit of a headache after attempting to rectify a 'simple' fault on my system.
After having trawled thru pages of posts relating to Drayton MA1 3-port valves, I haven't yet come across the same problem?
After coming home this week to no heating but hot water only, I obviously suspected the 'mid-valve' playing up.
- the actuator was 'clunking' and not moving over to 'H' position so I replaced the head unit like for like.
(Opted for this rather than syncron motor only. - poss false economy if a micro-switch was at fault?)

Now the valve seems to be operating correctly. i.e. the lever indicator is moving to the appropriate positions when heating/HW/both are selected at programmer but I cannot get heating ONLY. - Only with H/W!
I've checked the voltage at the valves orange wire and have NO supply which would obviously indicate a faulty micro-switch? - On a brand new unit??!! (bought yest from City Plumbing)

Is it poss I've been sold a duff unit, or could the fault be something else?
I've yet to disconnect and test the valve wiring independently as per 'doitmyself' posting back in 2009.
But just thought Id ask if anyone else may have had a similar problem?

Incidentally, my system comprises 'Lifestyle' programmer/Drayton room and cylinder stats/controlling brand new Grant, oil-fired boiler.

Hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction!!

Sounds like it could be a wiring issue

Thanx matey.
up till 10 last nite. - can't be installation wiring issue.
Nothings changed with that.
turns out it's an internal micro switch fault with new valve! - no output on orange wire.
Took it back to merchants for refund.
put the old unit back on in meantime - after securing synchron motor and.......
all seems to be fine!!!!!
And ..... I'm £55 better off!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No heating after MA1 change! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock