Search the forum,

Discuss Only HW , no CH ,new valve and actuator fitted - Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody

I have got problem with my central heating. Everything was fine but couple of days ago we got only HW not CH.

Couple details:

Boiler Ideal Classic FF240

Programmer Drayton LP522

Thermostat Drayton RTS1

Mid position actuator Drayton MA1

One day CH didn't fired up , HW is fine.My idea was broken valve or actuator. Bought brand new ,fitted (new valve and actuator) ,cables connected to the same connectors ,still the same problem.

When I switch on HW on programmer boiler fires up.
When I switch only CH on programmer boiler doesn't fire up

After I changed the valve and actuator and it didn't work I thought maybe its programmer or thermostat.

Bought brand new ,fitted and still the same problem.

Example 1:

CH off HW off
Actuator on M
Grey 240 White 240 Orange 240

Example 2:

HW on CH off
Actuator on M
Grey 240 White 240 Orange 240

Example 3:
HW off CH on
Actuator on H
Grey 240 White 0 Orange 0

Do you have any idea what else could I check?

Ps. In attachment is my connection box ,pump and actuator

sounds like its wired wrong as all off you shouldnt be getting voltage on the port valve wires

Y Plan Wiring.png

As Shaun said,wired wrong. All 3 of your examples show there’s 240 where it shouldn’t an where it should

Deininatley wired wrong mate. Look at the diagram above and fix or if not confident get a trained engineer in to sort out for you.

Thanks for replay. Before I removed old valve and actuator I noted down where cables are connected. When I fitted new I connected cables in the same places.

With old actuator everything was ok , so I don't know why now it doesn't work (connected exactly the same like old one). im pretty sure that's not the problem but ill check it again just to be on the safe side. any other ideas?

With your old actuator everything was fine why have you replaced it?

With old actuator everything was ok , so I don't know why now it doesn't work (connected exactly the same like old one). ?[/QUOTE]

The old one couldn’t have been ok. Or else why change it?

I’m confused?

When the heating stopped working the valve and actuator were first things suggested that are to blame that's why I replaced them. What I meant is that before it stopped working it was working normally for number of years with wires connected the same way I connected them now. Maybe actuator wasn't broken at all I don't know, I just replaced it along with the valve as it was the easiest thing to start and everyone I asked blamed it on those things.

I would be looking to see if that pump is spinning correctly. I bet there is power to it but it isn’t spinning.

With everything off eg no call for heating or hot water there shouldn't be any power at port 7

Could be a number of things, best off tracing your cables and re wiring it in the the wiring centre but using the wiring guide so it corresponds best it can to the guide on the lid.

It'd make future problems a lot quicker to diagnose too.

Just looking at the photo of your wiring centre non of the wires are where they are supposed to be needs pulling apart and rewiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Only HW , no CH ,new valve and actuator fitted - Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock