Search the forum,

Discuss stitched up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
proper stitched up yesterday/today by the scumbags at telford cylinders

fitted a thermal store last week which about 5 am following morning seem to spring a temporary leak dumping about 20 litres water to the flat downstairs.

after checking my pipework and install following day my end seemed rock solid and i also had telephone convo with them admitting that their cylinders have had previous faults

sooooooooo their rep and insurance assesor turned up at premises yesterday and promptly and queitly stitched me up .

totally turned the cust against me by saying their product works properly and i havnt filled benchmark out properly ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,by using wrong colour pen and cant read my writing ,,,,WTF!!!!!!

so courtesy of these 'BANKERS' i have had to contact my P.I company

when i phoned the manager today they were quite blunt that apparently the product they sell never has faults ( turn around from earlier admission)

they where also quoting big fish vs little fish tactics at me etc etc

stay away from this company guys shocking outfit proper shower of she it

Hopefully your insurance co won't just accept it but will chase them?!

How did thy stitch you mate, is it to do with this leak from insulation?

did they say he install is incorrect in any way?

What at have they said to the customer to turn them against you?

They came down from telford yesterday to inspect what had happened and said the usual amount of water from the insulation is not alot (ok fair enough)

i then asked so why was it in fault condition on the automatic overflow cut off (refused side stepped that question)

The two things they picked up on was benchmark was neat enough and not appropriate ink !!!!!!1

also the live .neutral,earth was wired by me an un qualified sparks !!!!!

Does those two points cause leaks ??

very much sounds like i was slatted by them to cust who phoned this morning quite unhappy and demanded my P.I details

i also spoke to some tit at telford who was quoting alsorts of BRIT STANDARDS and pointing blame firmly away from them although still refusd to answer the automatic overflow issue which now looks to have been an issue

What colour was the ink!?!

Not familiar with this automatic overflow cut off, what's it do?

have you phoned your insurance company and explained?

whete are they saying the water has come from?

blue ink but not biro

its an inline sensor on cold main to cylinder with lecky supply which cuts off water to cylinder in times it may overflow

problem i have the cust is now getting pee'd off with any action or lack of it

i cant find where water come from nor can they but base of cylinder was soaking

when i went there early a.m i couldnt find anything leaking my pipework was tip top order

however the cylinder was in fault mode and water all over floor and poured into downstairs flat

the cylinder was full and working for about 15 hours or so before something went piung

when i went there early a.m i couldnt find anything leaking my pipework was tip top order

however the cylinder was in fault mode and water all over floor and poured into downstairs flat

the cylinder was full and working for about 15 hours or so before something went piung

their fault then!

Your PI company will chase them big time .

Have you adjusted anything, sounds like you need it to do it again!

Oldest trick in the book. You should be asking for the professional qualifications of the two inspectors. Unless they are qualified to a grater degree than you or equal , or have relevant and current qualifications required for installation how are they at liberty to comment? Bit like when a DIY enthusiast tells u what u have done is wrong. I would in writing demand a copy of their report accompanied by their qualifications and certificates!

Oldest trick in the book. You should be asking for the professional qualifications of the two inspectors. Unless they are qualified to a grater degree than you or equal , or have relevant and current qualifications required for installation how are they at liberty to comment? Bit like when a DIY enthusiast tells u what u have done is wrong. I would in writing demand a copy of their report accompanied by their qualifications and certificates!

Wow, you have hidden depths we didn't know we're there!

I've been the rapist before! It's not nice when your ripping some contractor a 700k new asshole and they ask for your qualifications !

in situations like this can i go back to my insurance co and ask them to chase telford up on their reports etc etc?

no idea

i should have been there when assesors turned up i knew they prob would have tried to move blame away

i have had to contact my insurance co as its been a week now and something needed to be done for old lady in downstairs flat

Insurance co will settle rather than argue...? It's cheaper and the claims people are half wits !

Telfords have a blank cheque left with one of their main suppliers in Ireland to replace any of their cylinders that are leaking or with the insulation coming off them.

They are not saints and certainly not the best cylinder manufacturers in the UK.

i should have been there when assesors turned up i knew they prob would have tried to move blame away

This ^^^^

I don't care how busy you are, or how inconvenient it is, YOU HAVE TO BE THERE. The person not on site gets the blame. Always. I guarantee it.

Sometimes shyte happens eh? Greed will always come around and bite the perpetrator on the butt however!! Hence your grievance here, H4S, and bad publicity that'll turn many who frequent here off Telfords and their products!! :) Not that they'll give a toss TBH! *SIGH*

Take it as far as you can regards the blame being weighed on the appropriate shoulders...! However don't loose any sleep over it! That's what insurance is for eh? :)

I had 2 Gledhills leak from the seam where the hot water outlet joins the cylinder.

They swore blind they'd never had trouble in the past with this and the assessor nearly cried laughing when I told him that, he'd seen loads.

Defo blame anyone who's not there.

Had the loss adjuster phone me up regarding this today acting on behalf of my insurance company asking me all the details from my perspective .

interesting chat as told him whole incident and he is not convinced that its my fault and is asking questions of where is telfords incident report to me also what level of expertease was the telford inspector

is he a qualified mechanical engineer or practising plumber lol

also is happy to pick apart the installer manual

can see this one getting messy !!

good . i hate companies like this taht think they can bully the little man. They need us to sell there products or the buggered id ring them and give them a link here saying look what all my mates in the uk think of you

company I worked fitted 30 telford cylinders and they all vibrated they recommended putting manual bypass from cylinder flow to rtn

Good to hear of your insurance standing up to them and wanting to take em on instead of just settling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to stitched up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock