Search the forum,

Discuss Purging larger installations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pssst

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Im just trying to dig up a reference to this....now due to the small volumes of typical domestic installations we would usually purge by relighting an appliance or using an appropriate fitting.

Obviously UP1/1A are the relevant docs for larger installations but is there actual quoted procedure which states what can and cannot be purged into an internal space . In short what is the cut off point by which you MUST use a purge hose and vent it direct to outside?

Anything over 0.035m3.

Can you quote a ref please?? I think back in the day a rough rule of thumb was that if the purge vol was 10% or less than the internal space then let it blow..whooshh..

Ige/up/1b for smaller domestic
............/1a as above

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i have copies of both UP1B and UP1A..can you quote the relevant section/paragraph no please?

No but if you read them cover to cover you will find what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Purging larger installations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Greetings, esteemed community members, I find myself in possession of a remote and highly inaccessible plot of land, devoid of any utilities. On this land, there exists a well housing a 10-year-old pump that has never been utilized. I intend to conduct a thorough test using a portable...
Replies
Views
I'm planning to get an air source heat pump (ASHP) installed and I'm considering my options about the location of the water cylinder as I live in a small house and space is a premium. I was thinking about building a small insulated shed about 20 to 25 metres away from the house to put the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help with a query. We have recently had a new kitchen installed and are arranging for our freestanding gas cooker to be fitted (Leisure Gourmet Cooker 60cm) I have read that there needs to be a 20mm gap between the sides of the cooker to meet the Gas Safe...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not many have a sub to Telegraph (neither do I) but this is the article in full. As for the statement by BG, I haven't corroborated it but it seems an odd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock