Search the forum,

Discuss Primatic question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krispy

Hi.
I think the answer should be straightforward but can't find it on here by searching, so here goes.
I have a Primatic system, which works as it should.
I changed and moved radiators on the system 15 yrs ago with no problems, and now I want to make some more changes.
Being a competent DIY'er I can manage most things, but I can't for the life of me remember whether I had the use of the immersion heater hot water for the family's baths while I tinkered for a few days on the CH.
I suspect they just had to do without HW for a few days, I can't think of how it could be avoided, but am I correct?

the radiators as you figured have water supplied from the primatic cylinder.
so no water or some capping required.
what changes are you making??
the system will only cope with a set volume in the heating circuit, go past that and the bubble in the cylinder will be lost as soon as the central heating warms up.

Your Primatic HW cylinder should be drained completely when altering anything on your central heating system. I wouldnt recommend doing anything live if you're a DIYer.
They were never the best systems in the world & it maybe time to change it?

Now's the time to up-grade your cylinder ! then you will be-able to put a inhibitor into the system, as quoted if you are thinking of extending the system the cylinder may not take it .

Hi guys, thanks for your replies. I'm not extending the system, just hiding some pipes. Like I say, I've reasonable skills (touch wood). I guess the family will manage without HW for a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Primatic question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I can't get a consensus on this from four plumbers that have visited. We've been using the system with no prpblems for 7 years - but the cylinder leaks and needs replacing. It's an old and peculiar set up I have onherited after buting my two storey house. I would greatly appreciate any...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn the water off to avoid potential catastrophic damage. When I go away I have always tended to turn ours off, that's typically anything from a couple of...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
I recently posted to request information about supply of a "dual Immersion heater". Two members kindly replied with helpful advice. I tried to respond with thanks but the system persistently refused to accept this; quoting: "Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock