Discuss Power flushes / rads not heating up - HELP PLEASE! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Find another plumber, make sure he tests the pump and all the TRV's before deciding to go ahead with a powerflush. A heavy duty cleaner (if that is the issue) should be able to get your system going without the need for a powerflush in my opinion.

i would change the pump as its lasted well, i would say its the same pump as when they put the system in

Small bore pipework will block very much easier than 15mm pipe. Clearing it is so difficult. A heavy dose of cleanser is required and also a Magenetic Filter to collect the deposits as they are loosened. Clearly a flush is needed. That damned microbore again!!

Can you get to the small tank in the loft and photo the water that's inside it? Dirty water inside the tank can help diagnose problems.
Also with the heating on, run your hand over the radiators, They should be warm / hot all over. Any cold spots will indicate a build up of sludge within the system.

Can you get to the small tank in the loft and photo the water that's inside it? Dirty water inside the tank can help diagnose problems.
Also with the heating on, run your hand over the radiators, They should be warm / hot all over. Any cold spots will indicate a build up of sludge within the system.
That’s a good idea, I’ll go up and take a look when I have some good light...thanks for the idea

Reply to Power flushes / rads not heating up - HELP PLEASE! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Hi All, would appreciate some advice on next steps with conservatory rad. Single conservatory rad not heating up at all, neither pipe getting...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock