Search the forum,

Discuss Please HELP with new combi boiler , possible nightmare on my hands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should bear in mind though that you should mitigate your losses.

So if they bought a boiler and it can be re-used and you go and buy a brand new boiler the court may question why you did not re-use the original boiler (if it was still usebale). They may then decide to reduce any award by the difference.

I appreciate you probably don't trust using a boielr they have bodged - but you need to be able to argue it - and it depends on what the court thinks on the day.

I understand they bought the wrong boiler initally but you accepted the change.

I should add I am not a plumber but I do have experience of civil law/consumer rights legislation.

Also I don't actually know whether the original boiler was ruined of course.

So if they bought a boiler and it can be re-used and you go and buy a brand new boiler the court may question why you did not re-use the original boiler (if it was still usebale). They may then decide to reduce any award by the difference.

I appreciate you probably don't trust using a boielr they have bodged - but you need to be able to argue it - and it depends on what the court thinks on the day.

I should add I am not a plumber but I do have experience of civil law/consumer rights legislation.

Ah great! The ruddy lawyers are getting involved already! :tounge_smile:

I have never actually accepted the boiler from them , the boiler I ordered was totally different with a different warranty , they tried to scare me into saying that the alpha was far superior, I agreed to consider it but insisted I would only accept if the could confirm in black and white that they would give me a 7 year manufactures warranty .
the boiler I have quotes for was never delivered .

to this day they have still not provided me with this and they can't either . They were offering a 7 year warranty through the company and not the manufacturer , I explained this was not acceptable as if the company goes bust in a year or two then their 7year warranty is usless .

i offered to purchase all parts from them origonal boiler and they walk away from any fitting work and they also refused this . They want and expect a full payment of just under £3000 for the work they done .

ive decided now that every penny of my hard earned cash will go to a local fitter ,a hardworking someone who appreciates values , honesty and who deserves it .

Sfs don't deserve a penny from the work they carried out , the dishonesty , lies , thievery, ineptness, shabby work ,awful customer services to name a few , not a penny will go to them and I will gladly go through court if I need to .

I have all info , quotes , documents , emails , phone logs , calls, voice recordings , photos , recordings of them admitting they are in the wrong . And I guess I will just have to ride this one out .

i have considered contacting watchdog or other program's but I thought they would have handled it better , I might still go down this route , it should make for good viewing .

If they take you to court just counter sue them for damages
You will win

Woo hoo ,
I've got hot water
ive got heating .
Window lintels replaced
brickwork done
new boiler fitted neither alpha nor vokera
New pipework done neatly
everything removed from the origonal install .

Two great guys and their young apprentice local to me and both frequent the forum sorted it all out .
I will not name them but if they read this and want to post up then that's upto them .

The other company contacted to say they are free to collect their belongings from boiler down to the last screw when it's a convenient time for me and only once they sign a collection notice

As far as a completed job I am now a happy man and my wife will be even happier tonight now she can have a shower in her own house , the last one was over 1month ago .

i just now have to wait until they( other company ) decide would they still like to Persu me through court for payment .
and if so what happens with counter claims from my side

ive give them the option to walk away from this with nothing or go through court and I claim everything I can , I wont abuse it but I will claim , carpets , ceiling decoration ,money paid for replacing lintels, brickwork and removal of there system that I didn't order .
also loss of earnings for extra days I've had to take off etc..

i will keep you updated if things do develop but for now thanks again to everyone

happy Halloween

That's great your up n running, heating n hot water is taken for granted until we don't have it, I'm sure you've had a terrible time as the nights get colder , happy heating

That's brilliant Shaun, thanks for keeping us updated.

And I would love the UKPF Knight in shining armour to come forward and identify himself for the congratulations he richly deserves!

Glad to hear everything is up and running. What boiler have you now ended up with, hopefully not a ferroli lol

Glad to hear everything is up and running. What boiler have you now ended up with, hopefully not a ferroli lol

FERROLI what the hell is wrong with FERROLI? That's what I've got .........omg what the hell

just kidding , I was offered a few but bare in mind I was trying to stick within a budget of getting a system fitted for a second time as well as paying for correctional work so I had to have a think .
it wasn't the cheapest nor the most expensive option but it was my choice

i didn't want something I hadn't heard of again as I would fall into the vokera / alpha scenario of people saying I wouldn't have either , they are both crap :( lalalalalala

i wanted someting with a good warranty and after looking through review sites and which website I was finding good and bad review of almost every boiler under the sun I went with a baxi duotech 28he mk1 with a digi wireless thermostat control.
I think they have been around a long time and parts I'm sure are fine to get hold of and the warranty is 7 years

if its **** just don't tell me :) I'm happy with it lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Stand and be counted , whos spartacus

Hes spartacus and im ferroli lol

So who was it then who did the work.
No need to keep it quiet.
Im sure theyll bathe in the free publicity for years to come.

And can we have images of the new install inside and out !

FERROLI what the hell is wrong with FERROLI? That's what I've got .........omg what the hell

just kidding , I was offered a few but bare in mind I was trying to stick within a budget of getting a system fitted for a second time as well as paying for correctional work so I had to have a think .

i didn't want something I hadn't heard of again as I would fall into the vokera / alpha scenario of people saying I wouldn't have either , they are both crap :( lalalalalala

i wanted someting with a good warranty and after looking through review sites and which website I was finding good and bad review of almost every boiler under the sun I went with a baxi duotech 28he mk1 with a digi wireless thermostat control.
I think they have been around a long time and parts I'm sure are fine to get hold of and the warranty is 7 years

I like the duotec good boilers.

I don't know legally where I stand with naming so maybe I shouldn't for the time being . I've sent a email off to watchdog though just Incase ;)

All I could say is its SomeF--ingStupid homeassist company from the north east ;)

but I did take some pictures once the boiler was removed and during the repair work

there was 5 screws holding the boiler to the wall
2 through the lintel either side and two just into the top of the wood windowsill behind . 1 screw into the wall on just the right hand side but right into the corner so it wasn't holding , I've got some good pics of the lintel damage and replacement so when I get time I'll list it and put it up , you guys should have it available to upload straight from a iPhone

The NEW install lol

(Ive tracked down who did the bodge)
lol I do have some dull moments :)
Sorry a local company called WAVES and believe it or not he ends up being only a few streets away from me :) John came with a friend of his another gsr fitter and a young apprentice came too they all done the work and repairs. Fast clean and a pleasure to talk too

like I say though if they want to have input on here that's upto them but anyone looking for work in the northeast I would recommend them for sure ( as well as any other local fitter on this superb forum ;) ..)

You may not be able to name and shame
But I can lol
ba95f2e8ed649380949267302054d452.jpg

The individual in question wants to stay out of the lime light, we should respect their/his/her wishes. When they feel the need, they will raise their head out of the water and we will heap them with praise.

Can Shaun be a honorary member and now join us for a pint in the arms ???

That's brilliant Shaun, thanks for keeping us updated.

And I would love the UKPF Knight in shining armour to come forward and identify himself for the congratulations he richly deserves!

with some pics of the new install we're all dying to see it

glad to hear you got this sorted the duotec HEA is one of the best on the market,if not the best IMHO,but i fit lots of them

Sorry for the lack of updates. Although I got a new system fitted and all repairs done in the end by another company this is still ongoing and I will be going to court at the end of February as they are chasing me for full payment still . I have also put in a counter claim for damages.
i will update you all with the outcome after I attend in a couple of weeks

thanks guys
shaun

How has this thread passed me by! Thank you for taking the time to pop in with an update. Good luck in court. And do let us know the outcome

just read this from the start and I'm shocked, how can someone be gassafe registered and carry out installs like that. hope you get some new carpets out I them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please HELP with new combi boiler , possible nightmare on my hands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock