Search the forum,

Discuss Please HELP with new combi boiler , possible nightmare on my hands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah you luv it really don`t ya?
You still on gardening leave?

effectively stole my old copper boiler (didn't ask if it was ok to take ) they just assumed and took it .

They have a legal obligation to take it as it becomes trade waste once removed.

Hopefully Gas Safe will actually prove effective and help sort this one out. I think you're well within your rights to refuse the original company entry. Dare I suggest you name and shame them!

Hopefully Gas Safe will actually prove effective and help sort this one out. I think you're well within your rights to refuse the original company entry. Dare I suggest you name and shame them!

Serious? Or sarcasm :) What about the rest of the waste they left in my garden then? Old fire, back boiler, cuttings of pipe etc...?
i hope gassafe help .

Serious? Or sarcasm :) What about the rest of the waste they left in my garden then? Old fire, back boiler, cuttings of pipe etc...?
i hope gassafe help .

It depends what is in their t&cs, which they should of provided a copy of. Some people remove, others don't. I personally prefer to remove as feel it looks better, but I'm lucky and keep a couple of skips on a farm.

I don't think I've ever seen such bad work in all my life as the photo's on this thread. I hope you get it all sorted out.

i hope gassafe help .

Yeah that was serious, I don't think t&c stating it's the homeowners responsibility to remove waste gets an installer out of this. (Im prepared to be proven wrong!) If they've left the rest of the stuff it's a moot point and possibly something to get the council involved with to create more hassle for them.

Nice one will quote that next time im asked what for why you took all the copper Its trade waste sir and I have a duty to recycle it to try and do my bit to keep our world more sustainable for our future generations.I wont mention pocket stuffed full of ÂŁ20 notes ..that's just a bonus..brum

i hope gassafe help .

in all honesty if your taking the cream to scrappies its only cricket to clear site of ALL rubbish and leave site as you would like to find it.This is someones home and it should be respected in this way..brum

Your right that I have not paid a penny yet so it doesn't seem too bad .
however I have been without heating or hot water now for three full weeks .

i would gladly swap positions and have it all fitted as it should have along with paying the whole bill :)
Tuesday coming 9:30am when gassafe will attend and then I can get the work rectified after that .

no one will touch it until gassafe has inspected it .

I think we can all guess what the Gas Safe Inspector will say, something along the lines of "the boiler is not correctly secured to the wall, the flue termination is not to manufacturer instructions etc etc", from a practical point of view though he will probably say rip it off and start again. Reading between the lines I would bet the installer is a subby who has had the arse ripped out of his rates and is rushing and making catastrophic mistakes in an effort to make a living, Sad though hopefully Gas Safe will have a word and stop this happening to someone else

i would gladly swap positions and have it all fitted as it should have along with paying the whole bill :)
Tuesday coming 9:30am when gassafe will attend and then I can get the work rectified after that .

of course you would have been happier if it had all been done correctly from the start but you would be in a worse position if you had paid up front and have the disaster you have got
im not defending the company that did this i hope gas safe condem the lot allowing you to get the job done correctly with out any loss

It's a crying shame that there are people out there who would carry out such shocking work!! They clearly don't take any pride in what they do!
I really do hope you get it sorted, and don't get to disheartened as there are a lot of good guys out there who do take pride in the work they do.
As for the old BBU and fire, if it was round here I would stick it at the end of my drive and it would be gone in 10 mins

Good luck with it all

your old copper cylinder belonged to you and if it was taken without permission (in terms or verbal) then its theft.

If I remember a past post on here, I think you have to give them the option of making all good.
If not, your postcode NE28 sounds like a PUT RIGHT job for Ermi:)

I dont think they'll let him in a 3rd time heehorr :)

Fill us in then..........

The poor guy is probably still recovering from shock EPH give him time to recover the power of speech lol

Well gassafe came out and I should have the report in the morning .
to put it this way the inspector says this is one of if not the worst installation he has ever seen .
he has reported no less than 14 serious errors with the installation .

needless to say I am perusing this further .

the unnamed company has sent me a recorded letter stating "breach of contract" and if I don't pay them in 7 days dated from last Friday they will seek legal action to recover the costs .
i really wish I could see their faces when this report lands on their desk tomorrow

I have followed up and taken advice from the citizens advice and trading standards and they both back me on withholding any payments , they have advised because of the seriousness of this that I should immediately contact a solicitor .

I have been informed 100% that I do not have to allow the unnamed company back into my property to repair anything , I will be getting a third party in to rectify to work ASAP . And remedial work will then be charged straight to the unnamed company .
As with the sales of good act 1982 , They have broken the contract of agreement on many issues and I deem them to be in total breach of contract myself , on the Basis of losing all faith in the company , I have a legal right to refuse entry or for any work to be carried out by them .

i would love to list all of the faults up now , and in time I will , put it this way it was even more serious than what I thought , I am astonished with the other issues that the inspector has told me about, it's not something that I would have even thought of but to be honest when he shows you and explains ,then some of the things you all have seen would have been the least of my worries .

once again thank you all for your time , your advice and how helpful this forum has been . Without you all this installation could have been completed and rectified , there would have still been many hidden and unknown issues that potentially could have caused very serious issues .

i will refrain from listing them all just yet as the matter will most certainly be going legal ASAP .

best wishes
shaun

Last edited by a moderator:
shall we start a who can guess the 14 defects thread i think i would be hard pressed to name 14 possible defects
under gassed
unfixed
leaking from
service
flue
pipework
flue not sealed
flue incorrectly positioned
clearances
no inter lock
failed to tick a box on the paperwork

shall we start a who can guess the 14 defects thread i think i would be hard pressed to name 14 possible defects
under gassed
unfixed
leaking from
service
flue
pipework
flue not sealed
flue incorrectly positioned
clearances
no inter lock
failed to tick a box on the paperwork

Guess away :)
bare in mind the gassafe 14 points only covers the boiler installation and safety of fittings etc. it doesn't cover other issues around the house.
you guys already know a few so you have a head start

Hi Shaun, really glad you accepted post #125 with the humour intended.

Condensate pipework
Earth bonding (gas pipework)
Pipework not sleeved through wall
Electrical connections
Gas leak at boiler by any chance??

Glad you are getting it sorted, good to see you're not taking any of the proverbial brown stuff from the company and that Gas Safe are getting involved! let's hope you get the answers (and compo) you're after!

Best of luck

Best of luck Shaun. Can't believe the cheek of them sending you a threatening letter when their install is so shoddy.

Hope it all gets sorted properly for you.

Reckon they realised it would go to court and the game of claim v counter claim so got in first.

I really dont know how the installers putting that in can look at it and be happy with the work they have done! Really is unbelievable! I wouldn't pay them a penny

I'd've personally named and shamed them to prevent anyone else falling into their clutches, but I'm horrible.

Hope you get a decent engineer round to sort you out soon.

Good luck.

Im really interested in hearing about the the massive 14 different mistakes they have made!

eph,pm the details of the company involved i dont think there members on here but if there on our 2 fb pages they will be removed ,glad you withheld payment Shaun,hopefully this is getting sorted out for you

I'm going with
1) flue not sealed inside and out.
2) flue not screwed together.
3) gas undersized
4) condense incorrectly terminated.
5) incorrect fuse fitted.
6) flue terminating too close to window/through lintel.
7) not commissioned.
8) not stable.
9) gas leak on new pipework.

I'm struggling to think of more but they will come to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please HELP with new combi boiler , possible nightmare on my hands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock