Discuss Please help float valve connection problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cab82

Hi, I hope someone can help me as I am really at a loss with this one. I have recently had to change the float valve on my toilet system as the previous one had stopped working. Taking the existing one out was quite a challenge as it was bodged before. I had to hack saw the the plastic screw part off the bottom where it joins to the pipe. Because the pipe work wasn't long enough the installer must have made a part to fit and now I cant replace this part, please see my images for a better idea. What I am after is some sort of pipe with matching connectors on both ends as I need both ends to be able to screw, one to the pipe and one to the plastic screw part of the float valve. I hope I have explained this well enough. Look forward to hearing any advice. Thanks
:builder:

Attachments

• image[3].jpg
    image[3].jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 42
  • image[2].jpg
    image[2].jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 42
  • image[1].jpg
    image[1].jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 45
You will need a straight compression tap connector, a short piece of 15 mm copper, a 15 mm compression ring and re-use the chrome nut from your service valve.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 52
I would hardly call that bodged, it's got a isolation valve on it and then a piece of copper and a tap connector to join to the toilet.

Thanks for the replies. I would just like to say that I have no plumbing knowledge so didn't mean to offend by calling it bodged. I took the part into B&Q to see if they could give me something and they said they couldn't help as it was a bodged part. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please help float valve connection problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I hope someone might be able to help please. I hope this isn't a daft question. I am trying to remove the side panels on my...
Replies
Views
First of all I have to confess I am not a plumber so please bear with me! I have a Daryl enclosed shower in an ensuite bathroom. It was already...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, one of the two hooks on my toilet Torbeck fill valve has broken, and so the float can't connect. I've bought a new fill valve, however it's...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi All, I hope you are doing well. I have a problem. Not sure if this was always like that or something is degrading. Whenever the toilet...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock