Search the forum,

Discuss Pedestal wash basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leoki

I had to do some work on the pipes behind my bathroom wash basin at the weekend. I did not need to remove the basin itself but did need to remove the pedestal. I struggled a bit because i did not have anything to support the basin, i was worried the weight would pull it from the wall as it is only fixed on with the screws and washers provivded.

Any suggestions as to that you might do to support the basin minus the pedestal but allow you sufficient sight of the services to work safely. :)

I usually pull the ped forward enough to get at the pipes but still leave it holding the basin.

I normally carry a few bits of 2x4 in the van and use a length of wood to prop it up if the pedestal needs to be removed

remove the ped, supporting the basin with your shoulder, then refit the ped to left or right side depending on access required, the ped will hold the weight, just be careful.

or get te customer to hold it then if it comes away im in the clear

It all depends on how long you need to be in behind it for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pedestal wash basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My bathroom Basin was installed some years ago by a professional plumber. For whatever reason, the waste was fitted using silicone rather than...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
HI, I'd very much appreciate advice on what I can do with this . . . The wash basin in the bathroom has a plug which sits on a piece which is...
Replies
Views
I have a wall mounted bathroom tap that leaks. Presumably I need a washer of sorts replaced. I cannot work out which tool I need to remove the...
Replies
Views
D
I had a basin removed and my builder capped the pipes and plastered them into the cavity wall. If I want to resurrect them can I do that to plumb...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock