Discuss Oil tank - fill with boiler not connected (yet)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I finally got to the bottom of the problem:smiley2: It seems that, according to this supplier, a disconnected tank means I'm highly likely to be using heating oil to fuel my car:uhoh2: No point arguing otherwise - but they've lost a potential customer for good...

As its a totally new system, I assume you ordered Kerosine?
You should ask the heating oil supplier how does Kerosine work on a modern Diesel engine? :smile:
Also ask them why having an oil line not yet connected to oil tank is any different to just pumping the oil out via the lid on the top of the tank using these manual, or electrical pumps easily got, or just a simple syphon hose you can buy?
But the most obvious thing they forget is the oil line could have been connected to the boiler, but also had a tee off to a valve!!!!!

As its a totally new system, I assume you ordered Kerosine?
You should ask the heating oil supplier how does Kerosine work on a modern Diesel engine? :smile:
Also ask them why having an oil line not yet connected to oil tank is any different to just pumping the oil out via the lid on the top of the tank using these manual, or electrical pumps easily got, or just a simple syphon hose you can buy?
But the most obvious thing they forget is the oil line could have been connected to the boiler, but also had a tee off to a valve!!!!!

Indeed! I did consider arguing that kind of stuff, but soon realised I'd be wasting my breath. They are of course entitled to their opinion - as I am to take my custom elsewhere!

For the avoidance of doubt, Kerosene, 28 sec, will not work in a modern diesel engine although a small quantity was sometimes mixed with diesel to avoid waxing in cold weather.
Gas Oil, 35 sec, might be suitable for diggers and dumpers on site but does not contain the additives necessary for long term performance of modern eco friendly engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil tank - fill with boiler not connected (yet)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
S
Having a few issues with my combi boiler, its 14 years old now and due to be replaced as we are building extension, but need to get another 10...
Replies
Views
The rusty bit with a hole at the top looks quite old, feels flimsy, and is a single skin 100mm x 400mm. The boiler has a 600mm new pipe rising...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock