Discuss NVQ Portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

double d

Im about to start a bathroom conversion for my girlfriends nan wich includes, take out excisting WC and WHB replace with new and take out bath and replace with disabled shower, also any other plumbing work that will be needed e.g. Re-route any pipes that will be in the way of the disabled shower.

My question is, can i take pictures of the work i do and add it to the portfolio? i know that NVQ is a work assesmant but ive heard you also have to gather work write ups and so on? how do you go about starting your portfolio? do you have to be in the pictures doing the work lol, i know that the NVQ is going in september but as ive signed up to do the TC and NVQ am i mistaken in thinking i can finish it?

use the project as part of your nvq portfolio, but you will need to get your assesor out on site to see you doing the work and sign off the portfolio as well.

find another plumber who can also act as your "employer" to help signoff work that you do with or without him being present that way you can be self employed and do the portfolio.

Last edited by a moderator:
needs to be signed off by a competent person - meaning your boss or someone gas safe if your working on gas.

get your nvq assessor out on that job, you can (with his help) do half the folder from that one bathroom, espically if your decomissioning existing WHB and bath. If your clever and take pics of you fitting the float valve, taps (and washers), service valves ect you can do a lot of your maintanence tasks too.

get on

are you registered on the NVQ? most places only register on Tc at first then offer you an upgrade. You cannot be assessed on work prior to registration. wouldnt like you to do alot of work and it be wasted mate

apologies for hijacking but i think it will be of interest to double d also.. how long on average does it take to complete the portfolio for both the average self employed and employed plumber?

crafty mentioned that half can be filled in on that one job.. i know it depends on whether or not you get the jobs just theoretically speaking..

A quick NVQ would be 3 months, it is designed to take and average of 2 years but its possible depending on your work circumstances to do it quicker

Thanks for the reply guys
as i have yet to pass the TC, im still in the middle of doing it, would it still be possible to call a NVQ assessor out to assess what ive done?
also its in work time, i fit disabled showers for a living working for the family business, and when the misses nan was taken ill we decided that i would do it in work hours, so does the person who signs off the work have to be NVQ quallified?

Thanks for the reply guys
as i have yet to pass the TC, im still in the middle of doing it, would it still be possible to call a NVQ assessor out to assess what ive done?
also its in work time, i fit disabled showers for a living working for the family business, and when the misses nan was taken ill we decided that i would do it in work hours, so does the person who signs off the work have to be NVQ quallified?

as long as you are registered it doesnt matter, are you defo registered on the nvq?

As far as i know fuzzy i am, but will check first thing in the morning, what about getting another plumber/competent person to sign off the work, can you really do that, would the have to have NVQ?

As far as i know fuzzy i am, but will check first thing in the morning, what about getting another plumber/competent person to sign off the work, can you really do that, would the have to have NVQ?

you need both another plumber and a qualified college assessor not one or the other. make sure you are registered on the nvq is the first job, theres alot to an NVQ not just a couple of jobs

rang the course and i am registerd with nvq, so then went on to ring the City and guilds and according to them the new dipolma thingy ( they did say what it was called but can remember it ) dosent start until December 2012!

well thats news to me, the final registration dat is December 2010, but theres no funding after July. If your paying through a private centre you can still register until December this year.
The final certification date for the current scheme is usually 2 years after the registration date, that would be December 2012, is that what they are getting mixed up with?

hi guys ive just finished my 6129 and just recieved my nvq level 2 folder but i dont actually understand what i have to do, i was told ive just got to do 2 bathrooms thats all but in the folder its mentions steel work and sheet lead? wtf i already did those in my 6129.

please help

Hey donpeeron, you just transfer the lead work and pipe work from your technical certificate portfolio to your nvq portfolio.

Just tell your assessor thats what you would like to do.

Good luck mate

oh nice so i can do that yeh. so what i heard is that rite then, all i have to do is two full bathrooms and thats my nvq level 2 or is there more?? please help:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NVQ Portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock