Discuss New build first fix help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Any particular reason the pipes couldn't come out from floor straight in to valves on the first picture

i mean straight up from the floor in 15mm copper seems pointless putting them in the wall when you don’t have to or am I missing something

guess customer didnt want to see the pipes

Yes mate 10mm I have done it with 15mm from a loft void as below , but the first post was a refurb on two flats above a shop the walls were dot and dabbed over with insulated plaster board then skimmed there are no joins other than the manifold in the hallway cupboard just made sense as the floor voids were insulated with rockwool the boards put back , 10mm ply laid on top then a plank type vinyl flooring laid. Kop

View attachment 37320

View attachment 37321

View attachment 37322

Nice neat work KOP, did you have sore neck from crouching and bending doing that?:eek:

Nice neat work KOP, did you have sore neck from crouching and bending doing that?:eek:
I survived bud not a big fan of plastic I will only use hep2o , as I said before with all the layers of floor materials and the walls being insulated I though that was best joins in the pipework were kept to a minimum and pipework was all hidden away . Kop

Take 15mm in the ceiling then use 2 x 15mm elbows with 10mm reducers above where the radiator is, then take the 10mm to the rad positions using a junction box to hold them in place. No fittings in the wall, make sure you nail clip the 10mm to wall with hair felt behind the 10mm for protection against the block work.

It works perfectly, been doing it for years and never had problems with flow rate.

Also it can be 1 zone as under 150m2. Part L 2014 got rid of that rule. Over 150m2 must be zoned.

Last edited:
Yes if it’s over 150m2 it’ll need to be zoned and controlled by two different room stats linked to 2 port valves.

Well yes Trv’s are a must anyway, but being 110m2 it doesn’t need to be zoned via 2 port valves which is what people are implying by saying all new builds must be zoned.

Yes if it’s over 150m2 it’ll need to be zoned and controlled by two different room stats linked to 2 port valves.

Well yes Trv’s are a must anyway, but being 110m2 it doesn’t need to be zoned via 2 port valves which is what people are implying by saying all new builds must be zoned.
Yes so if your below 150m2 then trvs only are fine. That's the way I understand the regs anyway.

Reply to New build first fix help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This...
Replies
Views
I'm currently refurbishing a room and in the process adding some internal wall insulation. The wall has been stripped and my plumber is coming...
Replies
Views
Is there anything in the regs that I’m unaware off to stop us from removing a radiator permanently?? Silly question no doubt. When removing new...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? I have searched the web and common plumbing spares suppliers but I cannot find which it is. It...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock