Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler condensate pipe fitted behind plasterboard in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone

I hope you can help.
We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow.
So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit our kitchen.
Is this safe? What if the condensate pipe gets blocked? Would we need to remove the plasterboard?
Any advice greatly appreciated...

Attachments

• IMG_8058.jpeg
    IMG_8058.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
Well I wouldn’t want my condensate pipe run like that.
The amount of failed elbows I’ve seen on these runs, I would want access.
If it (when it) fails you’ll have a leak within the wall which will not be discovered until it’s done considerable damage.

Judging by the window I guess that’s an external wall, use the great outdoors for the pipework, easily repaired and no damage with a leak.

Well I wouldn’t want my condensate pipe run like that.
The amount of failed elbows I’ve seen on these runs, I would want access.
If it (when it) fails you’ll have a leak within the wall which will not be discovered until it’s done considerable damage.

Judging by the window I guess that’s an external wall, use the great outdoors for the pipework, easily repaired and no damage with a leak.
Hi all,

Pipe moved...Temporarily fed back into waste until kitchen gets installed. What's the best way to cover this void? Plasterboard?

Attachments

• IMG_8155.jpeg
    IMG_8155.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8160.jpeg
    IMG_8160.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 17

Reply to Boiler condensate pipe fitted behind plasterboard in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock