Search the forum,

Discuss Monoblock pop up broken in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

ljc7

Our monoblock pop up on the bathroom basin has been broken for ages and we've been using a standard plug with one of those plastic/metal kitchen sink inserts for when the plug isn't in. But it is only a matter of time before one of the kids drops something down it and the waste is so hidden behind the pedestal, we'd never get hold of it. Does anyone know where I could get hold of some sort of 40mm insert to keep in the plug hole?

Thanks

Try screwfix,toolstation or any plumbers merchant(plumbase or grahams)

Try plumbing merchants for complete new waste (might be lucky just to use bits of it without changing lot) or consider fitting a clicker waste & do away with the old rod & put silicone to seal hole in back of monoblock to prevent any water that comes off your hands dripping through.

What is wrong with the pop up waste? Might just need adjusting

What is wrong with the pop up waste? Might just need adjusting
Agree! - usually the bolt on the plug needs adjusted or sometimes replaced. Saw one that the horizontal rod snapped inside, it simply needed a replacement rod salvaged from a spare waste.

Just seen some on Fleebay for as little as 5 quid,hope this helps

Thanks for all your advice.

The thing just never popped up, and now I can't even see the metal rod that it sat on to push it up.

I will have a look for a clicker waste. Just really worried that one of my kids will drop something down the waste if it is so exposed as it is now. Plumber suggested a new sink etc as not possible to remove the old waste.

Thanks

New sink seems a bit extreme as most pedestals can be taken out or turned to expose the waste

Our monoblock pop up on the bathroom basin has been broken for ages and we've been using a standard plug with one of those plastic/metal kitchen sink inserts for when the plug isn't in. But it is only a matter of time before one of the kids drops something down it and the waste is so hidden behind the pedestal, we'd never get hold of it. Does anyone know where I could get hold of some sort of 40mm insert to keep in the plug hole?

Thanks
When I do a bathroom installation where kids are living in the house, I recommend NOT to fit a pop up waste and to use a captive waste instead. Look up captive waste on the Screw fix web site.

Thanks for all your replies. The captive waste seems like a good idea. We have a small amount of skirting/boxing behind the sink that somehow means that access behind the pedestal where the waste is, is nearly impossible. Whenever we need to reach the monoblock nut to tighten it, it is so tight that the plumber needs a combination of flexible bit holders etc to get around all the pipes inside the pedestal. So accessing the waste seems very difficult. If I can get hold of a plumber who is willing just to replace the waste then I'll be happy. But so far up here in North East Wales, they only want to replace the whole sink. Anyone recommend a good plumber near LL15??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Monoblock pop up broken in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, I recently brought a replacement Pop Up Waste from Argent K316-DL & the spec states it suits both overflow & non-overflow basins. However it has no slotted waste opening. How could this be used with sinks with an overflow hole & still prevent sink overflow? Thanks Natalie Argent...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have just installed a pop up waste on new basin. I have siliconed the top with the washer, and the water holds inside the basin with the waste closed but when I pop it up to release the water down the drain it leaks out from the underside of the sink where the backnut nut washer are...
Replies
Views
HI, I'd very much appreciate advice on what I can do with this . . . The wash basin in the bathroom has a plug which sits on a piece which is opened and closed by pressing down or pulling up a lever behind the tap and that had consistently failed as the adjustment gets misaligned so I would...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat up but they are all connected via what I assume is Hep2O nothing is labled on the pipes that route behind the rad just on the flap behind the rad...
Replies
Views
Hi, the pop up plug system has broken and needs replacing. I would like to replace the whole lot. My issue is trying to remove the waste drain cover from the bath isn't what I'm expecting. There is no screw holding the trap to the plug section in the bath. As the bath is fiberglass, I don't want...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock