Discuss Mains Supply Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bugsyroo

Hi all,

My first post is a bit of an arduous one, but hopefully someone can offer me a little advice!

We moved into our house about 4 months ago and the water flow was really low. Three separate plumbers all suggested that Thames Water should replace our external stopcock. They have finally done that but it made no difference - if anything it made it worse. Thames water came back and checked. They couldn't detect a leak in our supply pipe and suggested it was our internal stopcock. One of our plumbers came round today and said our mains pipe has a leak and our stopcock is fine (although it dribbles/leaks a bit after being turned). Apparently replacing a mains pipe costs thousands and it goes under the house....

What at should I do?

Thanks in advance

Bugsy

Have to agree there.When I built my extension it involved digging down and manoeuvring the 1930's lead mains pipe, a job that takes a couple of minutes, boy was I Cra99ing it.

Hi all,

Hole was cut in the cupboard, ancient stopcock located and removed - replaced with a new pipe to the new undersink stopcock and we have more flow than we know what to do with and have saved a small fortune! We still have a bit of 100 yr old lead pipe which is likely to pinhole at some point, but that's for another day.

Thanks so much for all of your help!

Bugsy

Another positive result for UKPF ! I think we should go to the Plumbers Arms and have a beer
It so good to read a happy outcome centralheatking
Hi all,

Hole was cut in the cupboard, ancient stopcock located and removed - replaced with a new pipe to the new undersink stopcock and we have more flow than we know what to do with and have saved a small fortune! We still have a bit of 100 yr old lead pipe which is likely to pinhole at some point, but that's for another day.

Thanks so much for all of your help!

Bugsy

Well done to op ! We should have a thread counter just to show new members how many problems are resolved here with help from plumbers members !

funny someone mentioning the listening with a stick as i had just gone to bed last night when i heard some noises outside when i looked out it was the waterboard man with his listening stick checking for leaks down the road maybe i should have carded the street today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mains Supply Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back