Discuss Is this a standard baxi duo tec flu? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call insyaller and tell him he is a cowboy ! Then list your location here and a professional gas fitter will sort it out for you

Thanks guys, don't know why the pictures are upside down, the boiler is losing water pressure too, I've topped it up,twice slowly with the valve, checked the pipe connections under the rads and can't see a leak or feel water. He also used two of my old rads on the system which aren't heating up although clear water comes up when I open the bleed valve, his answer was the rads are broke and need replaced, I think I have been done by a not so confident plumber. He also said my hole in the wall gas fire ain't a whole in the wall gas fir, but it is. I need to get hi back out obviously and ask for my extra 200 back and to sort the flu out. If he starts to be funny can I report him to Gas safe or have them inspect his work? Thanks again for the helpful answers.

I'm based in Newcastle upon Tyne, forgot to mention he re hung existing rad on plaster board wall which is very unstable as seems only wallpaper keeping plaster board in place, should have inserted a piece of wood for fixings or advised me do it, now I got two rads that need sorting, both full of water when they could have been done when system empty. Urghhh.

Spoke to the plumber this. Opening, he is adamant the flu is correct and said I can get gas safe out to check it over, as for extra costs he now saying because he had to bring water supply over from further away, it was only a case of cutting pipes off and connecting plastic pipe with push fittings, 5 minute job. Do you think I should have gas safe come out?

Spoke to the plumber this. Opening, he is adamant the flu is correct and said I can get gas safe out to check it over, as for extra costs he now saying because he had to bring water supply over from further away, it was only a case of cutting pipes off and connecting plastic pipe with push fittings, 5 minute job. Do you think I should have gas safe come out?

Yes get them to come and check it asap. Be aware however they are only concerned with the safety of the appliance install particularly the gas line combustion and flue. They are not going to be interested in mediating or resolving what an engineer has charged you or the quality of his work as long as it doesnt constitute a danger or breach of regulations.

Is this a NEW install Bad bri? If so ask your installer if they've registered the installation. It's important that you receive the building regs conformation certificate!

If you want I could call and have a look and give u some advice and a price to correct all the defects? Will on my number . What's the company who did this ?

Went and had a look, I surveyed the job and quoted for it but other company cheaper as no vat. More to follow

Not the only issue of quality. Speed fit, nill on pipe clips and a floor supporting gas pipe, no stat either ... Only got one pic before phone wet flat.
aju7u8ed.jpg

Thanks for popping out Ermintrude, there's also the radiator with pipe not going straight into valve and floorboards having to be cut by myself as joints sticking up. Forgot to say, i called him about system losing pressure he said to put some type of fluid in the system that seals minor leaks. I ain't done this though. Looks like gas safe and building regs at the council getting a call from me tmw, then I will call plumber yo see what he intends to do, if I have got a leak from his work I have just had wood flooring put down, this will create a major problem.

Here are more pics of main gas pipe where the floorboard sits on top and the channel through a little concrete, again floorboards in top of pipes and gas pipe here has black tape around it, also the radiator pipes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this a standard baxi duo tec flu? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back