Discuss Is this a standard baxi duo tec flu? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bad bri

Is this a standard flu for a baxi?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 255
Elbow Doesnt look fully inserted in to the boiler either but it could be the photo playing optical tricks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replys, the reason I ask is, I had a quote from plumber to install system in kitchen but I then decided to have boiler in utility room, both sites same distance from gas meter and for water he used plastic piping, I pulled all floor boards up ready so not much manual stuff for him, I told him I wanted boiler in utility with flu coming out the the top with elbow on so it made a right turn along wall about two feet then out. He said ok and this would cost another 200 for the flu bits, then he installs it this way and charges me the extra 200. My mate who is retired plumber says flu should be on a downward slant going out, not a 15 degree angle upwards and that this is a standard flu supplied with boiler. If it is standard I have been overcharged, thanks all

So, is the flu installed incorrectly and is this a standard flu supplied with the boiler, thanks Bri.

It's a standard flue fitted at too much of an angle. He's right to angle it back to the boiler but not to this extent.

Your retired mate is right and wrong condensing boiler flues should angle down towards boiler, older non condensing should angle down away from boiler.If you have other elbows and extra flue lengths it would cost more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this a standard baxi duo tec flu? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock