Search the forum,

Discuss External flu rusting - does that mean whole new boiler needed? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was done on my rental flat (1st floor) which has a 10 year old Aviston E-combi EVO boiler. It failed based on rusting external flu components, which has never been mentioned before in previous gas safety certificates. (But I’m guessing they may not have checked outside as it’s a first floor flat). He’s saying can’t get the part for a month as it’s an old boiler and parts are hard to come by. So recommends new boiler or he’ll have to shut it off. There’s a tenant in there so that’s not ideal, but neither is a new boiler if it’s not really needed. Does an external rusty flu really need full-on replacement if the part can’t be sourced quicker? Something feels off and I’d like to understand exactly what’s necessary. Help greatly appreciated as want and need to do the right thing

Reply to External flu rusting - does that mean whole new boiler needed? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock