Discuss I want it all to be legal!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

I bought some boilers from a guy who was selling them on ebay a few months back. I didn't go through ebay, just paid him via paypal and he hand delivered them. I just used the paypal receipt I got to put through my books as he didn't give me a receipt. Didnt really think much about it at the time. All the boilers have now been fitted and registered

He contacted me last week about buying some more boilers, now since then and as he boilers are the cheapest I can get, i was worried they may be stolen so I explained to him I need a receipt. He said he doesn't do receipts as he buys them off someone who gets a really good discount and just sells them on. I'm guessing by doing this he's just dodging the tax but which has nothing to do with me. He he wants to do that, fair enough, if he gets caught he'll be in the crap but everything i do is above board. He now won't take paypal payment due to the fees and wants bank transfer. I have asked him repeatedly if these boilers are stolen as i register them all and if they were, the first person they would come back to is me, I would then obviously send them to him

can I buy these boilers via bank transfer and just show the transaction with my bank account records and is everything I'm doing legal?

lets take a look at the ebay listing?

thats trackable, so's paypal its not like he is non traceable so whoever owns those accounts is the responsible seller!

Every boiler has the identifier on the box, this is usually serial number or part of it. Ideal can tell u what time of day the boiler was boxed and which pallet it went on!

When we buy Baxi boilers for example the serial number is taken from box and allocated on the invoice for the job before the boiler even leaves our shop. When works are completed and paid we register the boiler as installed. If we don't get payment the boiler is registered stolen! (Not actually ever happened)

The main problem to me is that the boilers are all ideal. If they were different brands yes but all the same make? Ie his mate works at the factory.

Well guys, I was swaying towards not buying them and hoped you guys would tell me they would be legit or a way of finding out but you have just added another nail to the coffin. I guess ray is getting another order from me lol

Well guys, I was swaying towards not buying them and hoped you guys would tell me they would be legit or a way of finding out but you have just added another nail to the coffin. I guess ray is getting another order from me lol

how much are we talkin about mate,are they half price i could do with a cheap one off

Just a thought these might not be stolen but paid for with stolen cards?

We had a string of people from Essex and surrounding area asking to buy 3 or 4 35kw boilers with vertical flues and NO extensions or fittings ... Asked that a courier collect them and pay over phone. Couldn't come into shop and had no gas safe cards . Asked for card addresses an they were flat or house u wouldn't expect a plumber fitting lots of boilers to reside. Also mobile number was tesco mobile on the occasions we called back and got vm. Reported it but ............

They arnt that cheap and it's not worth the headache of having to remove stolen boiler, pay for it your self and explain to plod and hmrc what exactly u were planning ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I want it all to be legal!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock