Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss How long after installing solvent weld waste pipe till can be tested in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long after glueing solvent weld waste pipe, is it needed to set before can be tested? Pretty sure its only a couple of mintues or so.

I've never waited to test anything that's been glued, by the time you have put it all together then filled the bath or sink that's long enough haha, never had a leak yet

Both 22 & 32mm will take 10 - 15psi after 10 minutes providing all burrs are removed and both pipe and connectors were cleaned first.

I try and leave it for a minimum of 10-15 mins before testing.

Guess its more to do with the weight of the water than the psi
Whats a pint of water is it a kilo?

How long after glueing solvent weld waste pipe, is it needed to set before can be tested? Pretty sure its only a couple of mintues or so.

1 minute in some cases and touch wood never had a leak , sometimes you fit a waste you need to test it straight away , im pritty sure only cheaper not so good solvents take long , i use marley , hepworth

i normally wait a few mins, maybe 10 if its a bath. if you have cleaned the pipe with cleaner before gluing it will never fail.

Ha ha, what started of as a bit of a joke question has led to some funny answers regarding colour, tempture and weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How long after installing solvent weld waste pipe till can be tested in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Mixture of miss measuring and changing of products to get something to fit the sink has left me with the below issue. Plumbing coming from the...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into...
Replies
Views
Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m about to board and tile over a load of newly fitted waste pipes. I’ll be running water through the pipes to check connections...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock