Search the forum,

Discuss Hep 2o imperial in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

anz

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone know if you can use 15mm hep fittings on old 1/2 inch copper pipe?

Or is there an adapter available?

I can't say for sure & I don't use plastic, except to connect onto existing plastic or replace leaking fittings, but I think 1/2" pipe should be fine on plastic fittings as it is almost identical and just slightly larger, so gripper & O ring will be tight.
The plastic fittings are a loose fit on the pipe and it is only the gripper & O ring that are tight, so I can't see a problem, but better to look what Hepworth produce

Last edited:
most manufacturers make fittings for said purpose, tho if its thin wall it should be the same size or near as dam it. easiest way is to just convert with an end feed or comp coupler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hep 2o imperial in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've had to cut hot and cold feed to re route for bathroom feeds. The 22mm Copper pipe hot feed is slightly smaller then my 22mm Copper. Solder fittings just slip over it and are really loose so I gather this is old imperial pipe, so I shall use a 3/4 to 22mm coupler. However on the...
Replies
Views
Looking to see what iron pipe part can fit a 10mm ball joint? In this pic there is a part that connects the ball joint (or whatever they are called) to the 1/2 inch pipe. I am looking to connect to a 3/4 inch pipe. Are there any threads that do this? Thanks I have been told that in North...
Replies
Views
hi all, is there any alternatives to cutting a HEP 2.0 pipe without using their own recommended cutters? i only have 2 cuts to do thanks
Replies
Views
J
When connecting a plastic metric waste pipe from a bath to a metal imperial pipe in the wall is it standard practice to use denso tape on the outside of the join? Does it stop potential leaking or movement?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
S
I am fitting a new shower valve, it has 1/2 inch compression female in/outlets. I am using a 1/2 in ch to 15mm elbow to get me into my copper pipe network. Should I use a 1/2 - 15mm adaptor with a flange or without a flange? What is the flange for anyway?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock